Chapter One: Diagon Alley

Heyyyyyyyyy guys,  

so here's my first chapter. I'm kinda nervous to see if you'll like it or not, hoping that you do! I am American, therefore I do not have British terms correct most of the time, but I do try my best.

The picture on the side is Paige Hyland, who I picture Stella to be, but with long, curlier hair, and paler eyes.

Quick thing- Nancy is her mother, Richard, her father, and Jackson, her brother. Stella is also referred to as Stell sometimes (probably later)

I do not own any characters except Stella and her family, and others that i will mention in later chapters. Hogwarts/Harry Potter is all J.K.Rowling's idea and work.

"Stella Birdie Knight, get down here right this instant!" 

I gulped. Although my mother did raise her voice quite a lot, she was never the type to give empty threats.

I glanced at my watch from the comfortable position on my bed and saw that it was indeed, 7:01. Nancy Knight was a very punctual person. Out of bed by seven o'clock, and in bed by nine. Both of my parents were very strict, causing me to be the timid, shy person I am today. My brother, Jackson, on the other hand, was outgoing and popular. And a bully to me. Our parents, of course had no idea. And as long as Jackson was in charge, they will never know.

I leaped out of my warm bed with a not-so-graceful jump, and sprinted down the stairs, my tiny body almost crashing into all the walls. Nancy and Richard referred to me size as petite, while Jackson called me scrawny or pipsqueak.

I skidded into the kitchen, slightly scared as to how my mother was going to react. My parents never laid a finger on me, or verbally abused me, but sometimes locked me in my room, took away my stuff, or forbidded me from eating meals.

"Stella, today, I am going to let you off because we are going to Diagon Alley, and your father and I do not want to deal with a sulky child. Next time, I will not be so generous." I sighed with relief, and sat down for my breakfast bowl of fruit. Today was the day I finally got to go to Diagon Alley. I had finally gotten her letter. Jackson had gotten his two years ago, and always taunted me about going to Diagon Alley and Hogwarts. My mother's nasally voice broke through my thoughts, startling me.

"Stella, do you know what day it is tomorrow?"  I wrinkled my nose in confusion, trying to remember what day it would be. I shook my head no, curious to what my mother would say.

"It's your birthday! We'll have a small celebration for you turning eleven." Being almost eleven and petite, I would easily be the smallest and youngest in the year. I hoped I wouldn't be picked on, but I knew if Jackson had a say in anything, that wouldn't be the case.

I finished my fruit and ran up to my bedroom, changing into a soft green cardigan, dark skinny jeans, and grey Uggs. I braided my long, unmanageably curly blond hair, calling softly to my mom saying I was ready to go.

My mother threw floo powder into the fireplace, causing roaring, green fire to erupt, slightly scaring me. My mother had Jackson demonstrate how to use the floo powder, stepping into the flames and yelling "Diagon Alley". I was kind of nervous to use floo powder, I had never even really been out of my house. I stepped into the flame, yelled "Diagon Alley" and hoped for the best.

Everything was spinning, making me feel nauseous and faint, and I just wanted it to end. Right when I thought I would puke, I fell out of the fire, right at the feet of Jackson. 

"Hey, little sis. Have a fun ride?" he asked with a cocky smirk on his face, knowing I felt sick to my stomach.

"No! That was horrible and I never want to do that ever again!" I yelled into his smirking face, right as my father stepped out of the fire place.

"Stella, I don't ever want to see you yelling in your brother's face again. Your mother and I raised you better than that," my father said in his booming voice, slightly angry.

"Yes, father," I said quietly, staring down at my feet.

"Father, since I am thirteen, I believe I can shop by myself now. Some of my friends are here as well." my brother said, emphasizing thirteen.

"Very well, Jackson. We'll go to Gringotts, and then you can go on your own. Your mother and I'll stay with Stella, and you can meet us here."

My mother finally stepped out of flame, apologizing for taking so long.

"Well, lets be off. We have a lot to buy." my father said, briskly walking to the brick wall, which led us to Diagon Alley. He tapped certain bricks with his wand, and stepped back to let the wall fall down. 

My first glimpse of Diagon Alley was in awe. There were so many colors and people and smells that it was almost overwhelming. As my parents strolled along the path like they did this everyday, I trailed behind, fascinated by my first time in public. Diagon Alley was simply amazing. I followed my parents into a grand building, with goblins as workers. 

"We'd like access to vault 467," my father said, showing the goblin at the main desk the key. 

"Yes, yes, follow me'" the goblin said with a very monotone voice. We sat in a cart behind the goblin, and with a snap of his fingers, the cart was off at a very fast speed. It slammed to a halt and we got out, right in front of vault 467. My father turned the key, opening the door, revealing the mountains of gold, silver, and bronze inside. My family had always been rich, and someday, Jackson and I would inherit the family riches.

We rode the cart back, still at the very fast speed, and exited Gringotts with alot of money. My father gave some to Jackson, and he ran off to find his friends. My parents then took me to Ollivander's, the wand shop.

The shop was dark and dusty inside, with shelves and shelves full of boxes

"Hello there, Knight family. I see Jackson is not with you?" A voice floated out from between the many shelves, making my parents and me jump. An elderly man stepped out from the shelves to behind the dusty, chipped front counter.

"Why hello there, young Knight. This must be Stella?" he said, the last part to my parents.

"Yes, we must hurry along, though. We've got many other places to go," my mother said briskly, with sharpness in her tone.

"Hmmm, which wand to begin with? Ahh, yes. Oak with unicorn hair core. 12 and a half inches." He gave the wand to me, and I gave it a try, whipping it through the air slowly. It didn't work. Unless you count shattering a vase working.

"Well, not that one I suppose. How about this one? Willow, also with unicorn hair core. 11 inches." I gripped the wand he gave me, feeling a tingling sensation spread from my palm over the rest of my body. I waved it in the air, and flower petals were conjured from the air.

"Yes, wonderful! This is the one. Have a wonderful time a Hogwarts, dear!" And with that, we were off. I got robes, a cauldron, ingredients, and our final stop was the Flourish and Blotts. As my parents led me into the shop, I saw a redheaded family, and even though they were bickering, you could see that they cared for each other. I know my parents cared for my well-being, but I still felt a pang in my heart, knowing that we never looked like that. We picked up all my books, parchment, and quills, and headed back to the Leaky Cauldron. My brother was there, waiting for us, and we travelled home by floo powder, much to my distaste.

This had been a wonderful day for me, and I couldn't wait for Hogwarts.

This was kinda short, next chapter, I promise will be longer. I really hope you guys love this chapter, I had a lot of fun writing it, and next chapter will be HOGWARTS! Whoo!

Until next time,

Walker xx