Young Love Murdered

I walked into the hospital for the second time this week. I volunteered here most of the time. With it being summer and me not having school I spent most of my days here. There was something about helping the people who needed it most that made me feel good. I loved hearing the stories of all the patients. The old and the young, some were sad and some made me smile. I took the elevator to the third floor and walked over to the nurses station. 

"Hey Mary, who do I have today?" I asked Mary, my supervisor, as I signed my name on the clip board of volunteers. There were only a few people who volunteered, most of them did it for school credit but I did it just to help. I know I'm such a goody two shoes but I can't help it. I love to help people.  

"Well, there's been a change in your roaster" she said sorting through the stacks of paper on the counter at the nurses station. 

"What do you mean there's been a change?" I asked confused. Most of the time I had the same people and I had grown to really like them. There was Heather who was diagnosed with depression, and George who lived here because he was too elderly to live alone. Me and Heather had actually became so close that she was more like a friends than a patient. I loved to just sit and talk with her and even George. That's the whole point of volunteering really, to just talk to the patients and make them feel better. It may seem boring but it's not, well not for me.  

"Last night we had a shooting victim come in for surgery. He decided to shoot at the police and they were just quicker than he was. It was very intense and he's lucky that he survived. He'd been shot multiple times in his chest." Mary continued telling me about the patient. 

"Not to be rude but what does this have to do with my roaster?" I asked not too crazy about the change.  

"We've decided that instead of having you be with Heather and George, that we would just have you focus on this patient. You seem to be able to connect with the patients really well. He's quiet stubborn so hopefully you could work your magic and get through to him." She smiled. It wasn't a friendly smile but a smile that said 'your going to do what I say'. 

"Alright" I sighed in defeat and took the clipboard Mary handed me with the patients information. Heading to this patients room I scanned the chart for their name. When I found it I almost dropped the clipboard. Up in the corner of the chart the name 'Jason McCann' was printed. I'd watched the news, read the papers and heard about all the things he's done. If you lived in the Las Vegas area then you most likely knew who Jason McCann was. He was somewhat famous in a sick, twisted way. It's no surprise he's here, someone probably couldn't take him killing innocent people and tried to kill him. Who knows with this one. I stood outside the door suddenly really nervous. This wasn't just a shooting victim, this was Jason McCann. I took a deep breath and opened the door to reveal a not so happy looking Jason. He gave me a dirty look as I walked into the room and it made me really uncomfortable. 

"Who the hell are you?" He asked rudely which wasn't shocking. I didn't expect someone like him to have manners. 

"I'm Allie" I said with a small smile, trying to lighten the tense mood. 

"Okay Allie, why the fuck are you in here?" He said with that rude tone still in his voice. Even though he was being an asshole, when he said my name I got chills. I don't know if they were good or bad but I got chills. 

"Uh..I'm here to talk to you, just keep you company" I said as he gave me a cold stare as I went and sat in the chair across from him. 

"Well I'm not in the mood to talk so you can leave now" He was seriously starting to get on my nerves. Why did he have to be so rude? If he was gonna be rude then I'd be rude back.