Footstep In The Snow

People are everywhere we go, always around us. Every person is different, but we all want to make that same footprint on the earth one way or another. Whether it's painting a picture, acting, making songs you pour your heart out in, loving another person with everything you've got, fighting for something you believe so strongly in, or wanting something that you'll do everything in your power to make sure it happens. A footprint in the earth that's already been stepped on.

But not everyone can make their mark, obstacles are hurdled in our way and some of us can't make the jump, many that do, fall. But for one moment we can all create a footprint no matter who we are, or where we come from. When the delicate white petals of snow magically fall to earth, everything becomes peaceful, the same. One white layer can create a neighbourhood, that for once holds no differences, we're all equal. 

For that one moment we can step outside on that white duvet that has never been stepped on before, never been touched, and make our mark on the earth. We can dream of anything we want, on that one moment when we disrupt that immaculate landscape.

But like everything on this earth, nothing is permanent. Our marks will disappear one way or another, leaving only a few powerful marks from those who have succeeded where we have only dreamt. Cars, buses, bikes will wash the white blanket away, knitted with hopes of thousands. Children with no care in the world will ruin it not realizing the impact, and worst of all nature will take it's course, like it does with everything else. 

The sun may melt away that piece of wonder, or rain turn it into a miserable pile of slush. But eventually, it will die, like us. Our mark, will be gone. Our dreams will fade away and eventually we'll carry on living. But for that moment, our footprint, our mark on the earth can be infinite.