Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

Vampires. That's all I could think about for the rest of the date. So not only was I living in a world where Werewolves exist, but also Vampires. It was all starting to weigh on me and I think Jason could tell.  "I think it's time I took you home. You’re obviously still shocked after that story and in no mood to be with me tonight," Jason said reluctantly, starting to stand from the picnic rug.  I felt horrible! He had gone through so much trouble for this to be our special night and I was ruining it.  "No, Jason please I don't want to leave just yet. I'm sorry; I'll be your loving girlfriend now." I said, trying to save the night.

Instantaneously, a big cheesy grin appeared on that god like face of his.  "So you’re my girlfriend are you?" He questioned, whilst walking slowly towards me.  "Wow this bubbly must have gone straight to my head; I'm blurting out crazy stuff!" I said whilst blushing.  "I don't know. I mean it's not that crazy, you being my girlfriend. We do things that a boyfriend and girlfriend would do and I know that I don't love you like a friend," He said, closing the space between us slowly. LOVE? Did he just say love? He must have picked up on my shock and came and sat down next to me.  "Sarah, I know I said I would give you time to make your decision, but for me my decision is already made. It was made the day I saw you, I love you and I’ll keep proving it to you just how much I love you and even if you never love me back I will keep on loving you until my dying days." His eyes never left mine whilst he was saying this and I could tell that everything he was saying was true. It's just that I still felt weird about this whole situation, the werewolves the whole soul mate thing, it wasn't normal and I was about as normal as people got. I don't want to hurt him but I don't want to give him false hope.  "Jason I-" I began. "Sarah I don't expect you to say anything right now. I just wanted to make sure you know how much I love you. How about another date? Next time it will be all about you. No supernatural talk." He said while smiling.  "That sounds good! But I can tell you right now there's nothing interesting about me. I'm pretty plain," I said with my head down. It's all true, I'm nothing compared to him. Jason took hold of my chin and raised my head so we made eye contact.  "Now, I know that's not true." 

Before I could object his lips met mine. I didn't resist at all, I welcomed the gentle kiss with my arms wide open. It had to be one of the best kisses I had ever experienced. Something about Jason felt so

right and yet there was still that nagging voice at the back of my mind saying this is crazy, that I'm crazy that I should be running for the hills with everything that I know. Lucky for me that voice was getting quieter each time Jason kissed me.  Before I knew it we were laying down, Jason hovering over me. I knew how this would end if I didn't stop this soon but I was so absorbed in the kiss that I didn't care. Jason had moved his kissing down towards my neck which I was thankful for, I was running out of air again. He was getting heavier with each kiss until eventually he stopped in one spot. I could feel his teeth against my neck and slowly I could feel them tear my skin. I quickly pushed myself up, moving myself away from Jason. I could feel a little bit of blood slide down my skin. "Did you just try to bite me?!" I said, grabbing for my neck with my hands. "I'm sorry! My Wolf, he took over a bit, I'm sorry Sarah I didn't mean for that to happen…" I could tell that he was truly sorry, but what did he mean that his wolf took over? Does that mean he doesn't always have control of his Wolf side? "It's okay. We should probably get going anyway, John and Lucas are probably getting worried by now," I said, trying to softly diffuse the awkward situation. "Ahh, yeah sure," He said, getting up from the ground and moving towards the dinner set up.  We cleaned up our little picnic and got back in the car and I swear the drive back was 10 times longer than the drive there. We pulled up in front of my house and we both just sort of sat there in silence.  "Sarah I just- -" but before he could say more I cut him off. "Jason tonight was great and I really enjoyed myself, so please don't think otherwise!" I said with a genuine smile, I gave him a kiss on the cheek and hopped out of the car. Once I got to the door I turned around and gave him a small wave goodbye.  When I got inside I leant against the door for a good few moments, taking in everything that had happened. I had learnt so much about Jason tonight about his family, the history of his pack and about the fact he couldn't always control his Wolf. I felt a little overwhelmed. Shower. Shower is what I need.

I quickly had my shower and got into bed. I'm happy I didn't bump into either John or Lucas, I don't think I would have been able to make up some lie on the spot tonight.  Surprisingly, I fell asleep pretty fast tonight. ------------

Getting ready for school took a little bit longer today, my brain was pretty out of it and I wasn't thinking straight. I made my way to the kitchen in my pyjamas to find Lucas about to leave for school. "Sarah! We’re leaving for practice do you want a lift?" Lucas asked as he was shoving some toast into his mouth, whilst hoisting his oversized soccer bag onto his shoulder.  "Nah, I'm running behind. I'll just make you guys late. Go on without me,” "Are you sure?" He asked again. "Yeah, yeah it's fine," I replied, with a reassuring smile.  "Okay, see you at school." He waived as he made his way through the door, closing it behind him. 20 minutes after the boys had left I was almost ready to leave for school when I heard knocking at the door.  I sauntered down the stairs and arrived at the door. When I opened it, no one was there. I nonchalantly shrugged it off and was just about to close it when I noticed our front porch was covered in red rosé petals.  ‘What the?’ I thought to myself.  Jason? Did he do this as an apology for last night? I told him it was okay. But I couldn't help but smile. I walked outside to pick up the rosé petals to smell them.

"Jason?" I whispered. I heard something move behind me, and jerked around to see what it was. I couldn't see anything because my face met with a tall chest.  "Sorry," I said whilst backing up. But when I looked up, I met eyes with a man I had never seen before. "Hi um, can I help you?" I said to the man, puzzled and uneasy. "You could help…” He said sweetly, leaning into my ear- “by not screaming."  "Excuse me?" I said, whilst backing away from the stranger. I didn't even make it down from the porch before I felt a cold hand take my wrist. I was whipped around at such speed that I had lost my balance and fell into a bone crushing hug. His chest smelt sweet, sweeter than the rose petals. It was unnerving, yet hypnotic. I looked up to meet the stranger’s shallow blue gaze. A grin grew across his sharp face, distinguishing a strange dimple on one side. Before I could say or do anything, a cold cloth was lowered over my mouth, suffocating me. I had inhaled whatever drugs were on this cloth

and exhaled the only words I could manage. "Jason."