Ghostly (Harry Styles Starring)

Chapter 1

My name is Aviva Jones. Not quite sure why my parents decided to call me Aviva, but I like it. Its unique, its different. Like me.

I am 16 years young. I have long straight blonde hair with layers . My eyes are light blue like the sky on a good day, with shiny green specs. My eyes have witnessed alot of things. Some strange, some beautiful.

Every evening after school, I drop everything and run to a little secluded area of a beach that nobody else comes to but myself. Its my thinking place, a place where I go to reflect, to cry, to scream as loud as I can until I have to catch my breath.

I am very clever, but I dont let it show too much. Im thankful for the few friends ive got, im not particularly popular. Rosie, one of my best of best friends always supports me, I tell her everything. And she tells me everything. We go everywhere and anywhere together. Do the usual teenage girl things.

My parents on the otherhand worry alot for me. I sound pretty normal, right? Wrong.

My mother Alice and my father Diarmuid are origianly from Ireland. They fell in love, married, had me and moved here to California.

Anyways, they say they worry alot for me, but I try and take no notice. Ever since I could talk, walk and notice the world around me, Ive been told a couple of disturbing things about my childhood.

At the age of three, I would tell my parents about a girl call Lizzie, she used to play with me in the garden. But they just put it down to having an imaginary friend.

At the age of six, I began talking to what seemed myself to my parents. I drew pictures of people playing with me. And on top of that I woke screaming with horrible nightmares. I claimed to see other people around me, but my parents couldnt see those people.

I still get those nightmares today. And I still draw pictures of people, usually people from my dreams. I havent taken to much notice to it, just weird reaccurances and drawing as a hobby, but my parents feel its something more....

Aviva's Pov

I slammed my hand down onto the ringing alarm clock. I slowly sat upright in my bed and wiped my tired eyes. The neon numbers read 7.15am. It was the first day back in school from the summer holidays. Another useless, boring year, I thought to myself as I pulled myself out of bed.

I walked into the en suite and stood by the tap. I splashed cold water into my face to wake me up.

I decided to have a quick wash before I headed into school.

After I had washed and dried myself, I pulled on my horrible school uniform. A white polo shirt with a red school crest, a grey skirt and grey knee length socks. The only good thing about my uniform was the fact that we could wear any kind of shoes, once they were appropriate. So I threw on my purple vans.

I stood infront of the mirror at the wardrobe and brushed my long blonde hair. I put on some mascara to enhance the length of my eyelashes. I smiled at my reflection and then headed downstairs for breakfast.

As I walked down the stairs I noticed the smell of coffee lingering in the air. Someone must be up, I thought to myself.

'Ah sweetie your awake.' My mother greeted me as I walked into the kitchen. I smiled and poured myself a cup of coffee.

'Your up early.' I said to my mam with a raised eyebrow. I siped the hot coffee. It tasted delicious as it slid down my throat and warmed my stomach.

'Oh I couldnt sleep.' My mam announced warmly with a smile. But I could see right through that smile. She was lying.

'Whats the real reason?' I asked with a cheeky smile. She sighed and hugged me from behind. 'You. You were dreaming again.'

Ah. So what she really means was that I was screaming in my sleep again. I tried to think back to my dreams last night, but nothing came to mind. Huh, weird.

'Sorry.' I sighed as I quickly drank the end of my coffee. It was eight o'clock, time to head to school.

'Ill talk to you later, bye mam.' I exclaimed as I planted a kiss on my mothers cheek. I grabbed my school bag and hurried out of the door.

I stood at the end of our very long front garden, and inhaled the sea air. The one thing I loved most in my life, was that we lived right beside the beach. The one thing about the beach was that it made me feel free. Like I could soar above the waves like a bird.

Something caught my eye just as I left the garden. Someone had moved into the house beside us, the one that had been for sale. I was curious, so I began walking towards it.

I noticed a boy standing in the front garden, looking around. I stoped to get a better view of him. He was tall, with curly brown hair that flopped over his forehead. I slowly moved closer towards his house. He had sparkly green eyes, they stood out from his pale face. I noticed he was wearing the same school uniform as me.

Unexpectedly, his eyes met mine and we stared at each other for a moment. My heart thumped a little and I felt my cheeks flush red with embarrasment.

'Hi.' He said politely in a deep voice. I smiled shyly. 'Hey.' I said quietly with a slight wave. He walked closer to me.

'You live around here?' He asked. I nodded. 'Yeah, next door to you. You just move here?' I asked, feeling quite nosy. He smiled and nodded.

'Well, welcome. I hope you like it here.' I said with a smile. He smiled in return. 'I think I will like it here.' He said with a cheeky smile.

Wait a minute, did he just flirt with me? I honestly didnt know, I didnt have much experience with boys. I was caught off guard when he held his hand out for me to shake.

'Im Harry. Harry Styles.' I shook his hand in return. I noticed he had a strong british accent.

'Im Aviva, Aviva Jones.' He smile thoughtfully at the name. 'Thats a beautiful name. Aviva.' I wasnt used to complements, so I just smiled awkwardly and let go of his hand.

'I better get going, Harry. See you around.' I said happily with a wave. He smiled. 'I will, Aviva.'

I began walking down the road quickly, as I didnt want to be late for my first class. But I couldnt help think of Harry.

I had to admit, he was quite good looking, quite the flirt too.

I felt myself wanting to see him again soon. My stomach fluttered as I thought about him.

I smiled and continued walking briskly to school.

Hi, I hope you liked the first chapter, I know its long, so Ill make the next chapters a bit shorter. :) Comment/vote/fan

I follow back :D And im always open to new ideas and honest feedback. I really appreciate comments. Even the bad ones count as they help improve my writting :)

I just wanted to say that Im writting this of a phone, so please no hate if I make the odd mistake!

~Comment~Vote~Follow~

- Kt xx