Part 20

~ 2 weeks later~

At this point they have been together for 6 months

Chase's POV

The girls have been on tour for the past couple of weeks and they are coming back home tomorrow. I've talked to Lisa a lot still considering they are crazy busy with shows. We've mostly just been texting but that's good enough for me because I know that she's super busy. I'm happy she's coming back though. Two weeks isn't that long by I just miss being around her.
I'm sitting in at this coffee shop and then I saw Alex walk in. It's a super small but popular coffee shop so whenever I come here I run into someone I know. But she is not the person I wanted to see. She ordered her drink and just as she was about to walk out she turned her head, saw me and started walking in my direction.
She sat down across from me while I sat there waiting for her to say something.
Alex- "Look I'm not telling you this because I like you, I'm telling you this because Lisa is a good friend to me. But I want us to try to get along. I think that we should try to be friends."
Chase- "What?" I was trying not to look shocked but I know I'm not doing a good job.
Chase- "Why do you want to try to be friends now?"
Alex- "Because you clearly make her happy. You guys have been together for a long time now. And I didn't give you a fair chance. I based my whole opinion of you off of the person you were 6 years ago... Look I know that Lisa's way to smart to be with a jerk, so you must have changed."
Chase- "Okay. So friends I guess?"
Alex- "Yeah. Now I'm gonna leave before this gets really awkward. So bye."
Chase- "Alright bye."
Alex- "Hey by the way, have you talked to Lisa today? I haven't talked to her this whole week. I mean she must be busy but I thought I'd ask to see if you knew."
Chase- "The last time I talked to her was lat night when I called her. I think she's just busy. I wouldn't read into to much."

I'm in such shock because I've known Alex for so long and she has always hated me. I'm glad that we don't have to hate each other anymore and we can just be friendly but I'm still surprised that after all this time she was the one to ask if we could just finally be cool with each other. It's weird she hasn't talked to Lisa though. Those two talk every single day.

Lisa's POV

We've been on tour for the past couple of weeks and I don't think I'm ready to go back home. I'm not ready to go back and see Chase. Part of dealing with these feelings from my past is me trying to figure out who is going to hurt me and who won't.
One thought that I had a couple of months ago came flooding back into my mind. That me and Chase are either going to last forever... Or we won't.
Every single part of me is telling me to leave him. To leave him before he can leave me.
The whole time we've been on tour I've been talking to him like nothing is wrong. Because I know he will get suspicious if it seems like something is off. He can read me so easy that I've been texting him a lot more than talking to him on the phone. We still talked on the phone every night but most of our talking was through text. It's a lot harder to read how someone is feeling through text. If he hears something off in my tone I know he'll be able to tell that something is wrong.

I don't know what to do. Even though every single part of me is telling me to leave, every single part is telling me to run away from him... There's still one small part of me that's saying to stay. But it's like that 99% of me is saying to break up with him because otherwise he will hurt me. But that one, tiny part of me is telling me that he won't.

Every single day all I could think about was what I was supposed to do. I would stay up all night long trying to figure out why I would even want to leave him when he has been nothing but good to me. But every good thought of him is being drowned out by the thought and fear that he will hurt me.

This last day of tour made me realize that I need to go with what I feel might happen. I know I have to leave. I can't be with him. As selfish as it sounds, I can't be hurt by him. If I stay in this relationship for to long, and give him the opportunity to leave me, then he will leave me completely shattered. Im so in love with him, but I can't be destroyed by him.

A/N
Let me know what you guys think in the comments!