Chapter 9, Christmas

"Mirror, Mirror, on the wall

Who's the baddest of them all"

The merry spirit marking the end of the year seemed to spread and Percy soon found himself enjoying his first ever Christmas with what felt like family. Flitwick was hanging up brightly coloured balls on the christmas tree with Hagrid's help.

After Draco and Percy followed the golden trio, they found out that it led to the cellar in one of the shops in Hogsmead. Draco merely muttered to himself that 'that's how Potty got out to scare me'. Percy decided not to ask.

The mood was previously sour for the Slytherins as they had lost the match against Gryffindor. The Gryffindors were more stuck up, whispering to each other every time a Slytherin passed them then giggling loudly. Apparently the Gryffindors didn't understand the meaning of 'mourning' period. The Slytherins were already devastated enough.

Draco was silently beating himself up for not catching the snitch. "On the bright side," Percy said to Draco, "if Gryffindor looses to Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, and we beat Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, we'll beat Gryffindor for the Quidditch Cup!"

"Yeah right. Although I'd never admit to anyone except for you, Gryffindor's too good." came Draco's muffled reply from probably crying all night into his pillow, although he'd never admit it.

Harry was strutting around the school as though he owned it and shoved it in the Slytherin's faces that they had lost whenever possible. Which was practically all the time.

Potions class had turned into a nightmare for Slytherins as they had it with the Gryffindors. On the bright side, Snape was extra nasty to them.

"Its Christmas soon, can't the teachers lay off for awhile?" Grumbled Draco, as he dumped the load of homework they had already gotten from Professor McGonagall, Professor Binns and Professor Flitwick onto the chair. Percy shrugged. "Yeah, but exams are coming too. Its our N.E.W.T.S. obviously they're anxious."

They were planning on heading to the library after their lunch to study, probably for the first time in Draco's life.

They studied for about close to three hours before the library closed. Exams clouded Percy's mind and there were obvious eye bags under his red, swollen eyes, from the lack of sleep. It was a daily routine for Percy to wake up at 5am and go to sleep at 12am. Percy was thankful exams were there, because the harder he worked, the more he forgot about his past.

Finally, Draco's and Percy's hard work had paid off as they harvested the fruits of their labour. Percy had came in top in every subject he took, Hermione at his heels, second to him, except Potions, which Draco had beat her in.

Ron had done surprisingly much better than the idiot who lived and Harry's face was black the entire time, forgetting about his triumph over Slytherin.

Hermione had grown closer to both Percy and Draco as she was moved to sit near them in Potions class. They all intended to head to the lake for a swim later that day, exams having ended and all, no longer needing to stress and worry about undone homework. Luna was meeting them at the lake as well, having grown closer to the boys when they met in the library, and had an intense argument about Blibbering Humdingers.

Currently, Percy and Draco were sitting in the Common Room by the roaring fire, each engrossed in what they were doing. They were the only ones there, surprising. Usually, there would be a fair number of people sitting and chatting about things. Draco looked up from trying to read an english book, giving up entirely on reading it. "Potty and Weasel seem to be rather on edge lately, eh Perce?" Draco asked Percy, examining his fingernails.

"Maybe it's because they don't dare oppose my sassiness." Percy shrugged, not even glancing up, his eyes not breaking contact with the letter his owl, Bob, had delivered to him. Draco nudged Percy. "Hey, dude, you okay?" Draco tried to sneak a peek at what Percy was reading, but he had already started crumpling the letter and threw it into the fire. "Its nothing." Draco looked suspiciously at him.

"Tell me." Percy rolled his eyes at his best friend's stubbornness. "Drop it." They stared at each other, eye contact not breaking, each not wanting to lose out. Finally, Draco blinked and looked away. Percy smirked, glancing at his watch.

His eyes widened. "We're late to meet Luna and Hermione!" Draco cursed. Percy immediately ran upstairs without waiting for Draco. Draco scrambled up and slammed his book shut, carrying it along with him as he ran after Percy, going to the dorms to change into their swimming trunks.

He did not even glance up to see the burning fire of the Common Room extinguish, the not so badly burnt letter falling to the coals and cinder. A hand appeared out of thin air and snatched it up, restoring the fire, before disappearing as though it was never there.

When they both came down a minute later, the fire was still burning as bright as ever, although with no sign of a letter ever getting burnt.

Heyo people! I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long! I'm really sorry because I have a really important exam coming up and studying like shit....:( Right now there's about 1k words, so I guess that makes up for it? Hehe at least I still update unlike my friend UnknownSorceror who hasn't updated for months. *sassy glare*

Special thanks to DemigodInTraining for being a really supportive fan of mine!! And also lucayafiley4eva for being my 'mom'.

Thanks for reading everyone!! <3 <3 <3 <3 Luv ya! Please check out my new Percy Jackson Betrayal Story called Begin Again, as well as my story Someplace Safe (A Star Wars & Percy Jackson crossover) that I just published!! Please vote and follow!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

-GOT7FIGHTING