Short Story

Bailey POV:

"Please... Please, just, don't do this... Please" I pleaded. My heart was shattering into a million pieces. I felt tears streaming viciously down my face, but I didn't care. "I need you." I tried to say. My voice was barely audible, but at this point, nothing I said would make him change his mind.

"Bai... I love you. I love you so fucking much." Josh said to me, placing both hands on either side of my face, which was a perfect reflection of his. Pain. Anger. Sadness. Love. Every feeling I've ever had for him was showing on the both of us now as we stood outside our house in the rain. "But this isn't healthy for either of us." He continued on. I could tell that saying the words hurt just as much as hearing them.

"Josh," I began to beg again, " all of these years... Us meeting- it wasn't a mistake!" I started to raise my voice as I gripped my hands around his wrists.

He looked at me with the saddest expression of all time. "Of course it wasn't. But it will be. You cant keep me around anymore. I'm too broken."

I looked straight into the crystal blue eyes I had fallen in love with such a long time ago. Those eyes have seen me in more ways anyone has. They've seen me cry. Laugh. They've seen into my soul, my deepest secrets. My regrets, fears, and weaknesses along with my best memories, empowerments, and victories were all seen by those precious eyes of his. Those eyes belonged to the man who made me whole. And now they belonged to the man who was tearing me apart.

"We all are." was all I said.

"Come here." He whispered, pulling me into a hug. This hug in no way made me feel comforted or happy, like they always did. I let out a big sob and clutched at his jacket. He pulled away, and started to leave me.

"Josh, please. We can work it out." I said to him as he removed my hands from his jacket.

"I love you." was the last thing he said to me. He turned around and got into his car.

As he drove away I felt him pulling my heart along with him, as if a big cord was attached from it to his bumper, and like a child tying their loose tooth to the door handle, he ripped it out. I sank to my knees as the pain started killing me. The only thing I ever knew like the palm of my hand was now gone.

I never have, and never will love anything as much as I love Josh Ramsay.

He was the only thing that kept me breathing.

And he left me.