1.1 Puri

It is said that before you start any good work, you should take blessings from god. 

I as a believer of this thought to start the journey at the place where god resides. The holy city of Odisha that is Puri is situated on the Bay of Bengal and 60kms away from the capital of Odisha Bhubaneswar. Puri is a city situated in Puri district.

Puri is famous for its Lord Jagannath temple, an avatar of Lord Vishnu. In 11th century, the city was known to be as Jagannath puri after the temple. Puri is famous all over India for being a part of "Char dham" pilgrimages, others being  Badrinath, Dwarka and Rameshwaram. 

Lord Jagannath temple is the only shrine where he is worshipped with his sister goddess Subhadra along with his brother Lord Balabhadra. 

The main temple here is about 1000 years old and constructed by Raja ChodaGanga Deva and Raja Tritiya Ananga Bhima Deva. Puri is a site for several "Mathas".

Lord Jagannath, the name itself means the lord of the world. According to different seasons, the lords are adorned in different jewels, and each has a specific name like "Suna bhesa,Rupa bhesa,etc. 

Each year, "Rath yatra" (Chariot festival) is held be the temple and is famous all over the world. Millions of people participate in it.  There is a heavy amount of security on this day, and full safety is taken care of still sometimes accidents happen. The festival is broadcasted on channels for people who could not visit the place.

Entry to the temple is only allowed to Hindus. Visitors not allowed entry may view the precincts from the roof of the nearby Raghunandan Library and pay their respects to the image of God Jagannath known as Patitapavana at the main entrance to the temple.

The beaches here are amazing. You can spend your time here enjoying. It does not matter what time is it.  But at evening, it is more enjoyable. The cold breezes coming from see at evening are refreshing. Number of sellers on foot sell things while many have set up stores there made up of wood. You can find seller selling Sea shells, pearls, toys, wooden crafts,etc.  Also number of seller sell tasty foods which are yum to eat. 

When me and my family visit puri, we would sit down on the sand and stare at the see. It always calmed us. Siting there, you forget about all the tensions in world and peace occupies your mind. Me and my sister would step out of our shoes and run towards sea. While our mother warned us not to go deeper. I was scared of the sea when I was little but now I love to stand near the sea and let the sea wash my feets. Though, I wouldn't dare to go any deeper. 

We use to buy tasty food sold out there. If you ever go to puri, you should definitely try "Jhal mudhi". it is a dish which involves rice crisps,cucumber,some spices,yellow peas(I cannot remember what it is called) and etc. The traces of chilly savouring in your mouth is mouthwatering. Also you should eat Pani puri (they are my favorites). Although it is available all over India, but according to my knowledge the tasty sour tamarind water mixed with some spices is only available in Odisha. You can also ask for "Sukha Gupchup(panipuri)" which does not consist the sour tamarind water. Instead the seller will put some curd, a meethi chutney and some extra things in it. I tell you, it is also super tasty. 

And how can I forget to mention about the yummy "Aloo chat"(a potato dish mized with yellow peas and more things). The best Aloo chat is available in Puri and Bhubanswar only, thats what I think. 

Also dont forget to try the coconut milk, its really amazing. 

Whenever we visited there, I used to take photos. Actually, I love taking photos. Thats why my family calls me "Camera man". Funny, isn't it?

I remember when I was little, around 8-9 years, I used to take walk with my cousins. One of them had showed me a building saying it was a "bhoot bangla"(haunted house). I would be afraid of it but every time we go near by it,  I would escitedly say "Point me out the bhoot bangla again". But as I grew up, I found  people living in it and realised it was just a house left vacant for years. I dont know whether this was made up by people or what. But it was really a memorable memory for me. No, I am not going to give you the address cause I dont remember it myself. 

There are lots of more places in Puri to visit and lots of foods to try. If I list them all hear, then it would become a full thick book. But I would add up to the list as I remember something new.

Till then enjoy reading and google about the things mentioned.