Vampires Are Real?

PLEASE COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!! THANKS Vampires Are Real?

Chapter One

Janet's (POV):

I was running down the halls of Freedmont High, late as usual, arriving just minutes before the bell for first class would ring. Being the first day of my senior year I was reluctant to start the year off late like I have done since I've moved to the sleepy town of Westchester, Virginia three years ago. It was a common occurrence, my tardiness, since my Mom had remarried and we have moved here with her new husband and his two daughters. Having always been an only child, I was not used to sharing a bathroom, let alone with my two new step-sisters, Stephanie and Tabitha, who seemed to live there in the mornings and I was always the last to get in, missing the bus and having to walk the mile and a half to school.

I skidded to a stop in front of my first class, Creative Writing, just as the bell was ringing. Sighing in relief I walked in the class to claim my usual seat in the back of the class. I liked sitting in the back, I felt invisible, like I was out of sight out of mind of my fellow classmates, who all but pretended I didn't exist since I started here anyways. I slumped into one of the last two empty seats in the back just as the teacher shut the door. She was a new teacher. Looked to be about in her early thirties and walked purposely up to the front and turned and smiling at everyone, seeming to look everyone in the eye in acknowledgment.

"Hello class." She started, "My name is Ms. Grey and I am your new Creative Writing teacher this year." She turned and wrote her name on the board. "I know most of you were looking forward to having Mr. Steppe this year, but unfortunately he was unable to return." She gave the whole class again one of her smiles, "So I hope i will be a comparable substitute."

Mr. Steppe had been a teacher at Freedmont High for years and was the reason most students, including me, signed up for this class. He had a gift of making everything seem interesting and fun and was known for being laid back and a teenager at heart. Getting through to even the toughest students. It was shocking to hear he wouldn't be returning. He was like a staple in this school. The whole class seemed to be wondering what happened to him and started murmuring.

Ms. Grey seeming unaware continued talking, "I am also aware that you were given a reading list at the end of last year to prepare you for this years class. I hope all of you did your homework. We will start by going over 'Interview With a Vampire' by Anne Rice tomorrow. But now lets get a chance to get to know each other for the rest of the period." We all groaned as she went back to the board and started writing a fill in the blanks paragraph.

'Hi. My name is _______. I love English because ____________. I hope to learn _____________ this year and my favorite book is _________.'

"OK class. I want all of you to get out a piece of paper and write out this filling it in with your answers and adding another paragraph or two about you. So I can learn each one of you better." She smiled at us again before sitting behind her desk and begun pulling out her own piece of paper, pressumly for the same assignment.

This seemed a little odd to me, but I shrugged my shoulders and began writing. Filling in the blanks was rather easy. My name: Janet Smithe, Why I love English: The fact that it can take you anywhere without ever leaving your seat, I hope to learn: to become a better writer, My favorite book: Twilight. The second part of the assignment was a little harder. There wasn't much about me to write. I was a nondescript girl. Haven't really found my thing. I wasn't really part of any group in school and didn't participate in any extracurricular activities. Only thing I really enjoyed was reading and writing. So I decided that was good as anything to write about and began my second paragraph.

'My favorite thing to do is read. I can read any book and I would love to be a writer when I grow up. My favorite kinds of books are fantasy. Knowing that it's something that isn't real but at the same time is made to seem plausible. That's is why I love the twilight series. You know its not going to happen to you, but you feel as if maybe this is something that can happen.'