Chapter 21

"Hey Zo" karen with exitement.

"Hey Kar"

"Zo, Justins friend said that he will do the interview on Monday"

"Thank you" i said with excitement.

So many things were looking up for me. My dreams were coming true. I no longer felt bitter towards my granny or anyone. After forgiving i felt different. I no longer felt angry.

Friday came quick and Justin and Karen picked me up for youths. At youth i was shocked that Karen asked me to do the word. I couldn't really be that good but i wasn't bad either. After youth they left me and the twins. It wasn't the same without Spencer.

I went home,changed and made some supper. I just decided to make some toast with coffee.

Monday arrived slowly, Spencer had heard about the interview from Karen and he texted to say all the best.

I went by bus to the photography agency which was set at 8am before going in i said a prayer.

There were a few people waiting their turn. When it was my turn a guy about Justins age came out his office and said next.

"Hello im Cody" he said holding his hand out.

"Zoe" i muttered nervously shaking his hand.

"Oh you're Justin and Karens friend" he smiled.

I was nervous i began biting my lip. I couldn"t be scared or nervous i felt strength and courage wash over me.

The interview was okay, Cody wasnt a strict interviewer. He kept my resume which also had my results inside. After the short interview, he walked me to the door and called the next person.

"We'll call you tomorrow to let you know if you've got it" Cody said with a smile.

"Thank you Mr Smith"

I wasnt scared i felt confident .Tomorrow would be the day i might get my dream job.

The next day i waited anxiously by the phone. Time seemed to drag by.

At 4pm my phone rang. I didn't recognise the number.

"Hello" i said

"Hello is this Zoe?" the person said.

"Yes it is"

"Its Lisa from Lisa's photography im phoning to tell you that you've got the job as one of our photographers"

My heart literally flooded with joy. Pure joy.

She said that i must come to her studio the next day by public transport but from thereafter i'd be picked up.

"Thank you Jesus" i said as soon i put the phone down and then tears joy were streaming down.

That evening i phoned Karen and then i went to Ruths house to tell them. They were so happy, especially Ruths mom and grandma they couldnt stop hugging me.

The next morning i woke up with a fresh new feeling. A feeling of hope.

I put my phone on and saw a message from Spencer.

I opened it.

Hi Zo congratulations on the job. Will call later. Takecare.

I just smiled a huge smile.

I got ready for my first day. I was feeling good, no fear, no hopelessness.