Chapter 2 - Forewarning.

Breaking Impulses - Book 2 of the Spoken Dead Series.

Chapter 2 - Forewarning.

Adam was utterly shocked that this strange, unknown woman knew his name. Through the fuzzy clip, Adam could see that this woman, Lucy, had boy cut, bronze almost brown hair. Her skin was tanned, and she looked moderately healthy. Her eye's were grey, like they held a storm within them, this added to her look, which displayed intelligence. However, her face was extremely bruised, and her nose was bloody, and most likely broken at the time of this recording.

The video as jittery, and shaky and the surrounding area seemed to be moving at a fast pace. She was driving. Ever so often, Adam noticed that Lucy would look back, and curse under her breath. She looked scared, and there was self loathing pasted on her face, but Adam wondered why that would be.

"Adam." Lucy spoke to him again, though the pre-recorded video. "I'm guessing you are confused how I know you, but I learnt of you through your sister." Those word made Adam freeze in his computer chair. He leaned eagerly towards the small video player. She knew his sister. Did she know what happened to Leigh? Could she help Adam let go? Lucy looked back again, and the camera began to blur slightly. Lucy cussed a couple more time, until she drove slowly down a passage way, where the light was dim. She stopped the car and grabbed the camera, pointing it to her face. "I know where you are, and you aren't safe." Lucy's head shifted side to side. "They will come for you, and I'm sure you already know this, but-but..." Lucy stumbled over her words, which caused Adam's computer speakers to glitch.

Adam watched as the woman, on this mysterious video, began to cry. He never liked to see people crying, it reminded him too much of Leigh, and the state he had left her in. Adam began to get anxious when Lucy left the camera rolling for a few moments while she cried.

Adam slammed his fist down onto his desk and growled, "But what? Come on!" He felt himself lose a piece of his sanity then.

Although, a few moments after he had demanded something from a computer screen, Lucy began talking again. "I did something stupid and bad, very, very bad." He voice cracked both times when she said bad. "I didn something that could endanger everyone and ensure they win, once again." Adam was unsure who 'they' were, but he had a good idea. An idea, which scared him. "I don't know you, but something I do know is that the choice I made will make you hate me, regardless to the fact if you know me or not." Lucy looked at camera, her deep silver eye's reflecting the area around her, making them almost seem white. "But, right now I don't care. You're important, Adam and you are on the list. So, you have to run from Pitsview, before they come for you, or deploy the attack they have been plannin-"

The video froze. Adam stared at the screen in shock and began pressing trying all he could to get it to start work in a frantic frenzy. However, he then discovered that the whole screen was frozen. Adam cursed and tried rebooting the main frame of his computer, but once the screen was shut down, it would not restart. The, Adam tried all of his computers and they had the same effect. He couldn't figure out what was happening. Until, a small symbol appeared al the screens of all his computers. A spiral, with two over lapping triangles. One green, one red. It was Horizon's logo. Adam searched through his head trying the find out what situation this would happen in, but then the pieces clicked together.

Lucy had told him about an attack that was going to him Pitsview, and Adam knew that this attack would wipe out everything. All mobile signals, internet connections. All data related to Horizon within the small cities gates. Adam gasped and snatched to yellow memory stick from his computers USBport. If anything as lost from this memory stick, it would be a struggle to recover, but Adam had his way with technology. He also grabbed the small note from his desk, which had been attached to the memory and contained various series of numbers written on it.