Chapter one

James snapped out of his thoughts as he heard the alarm go off.

"Oh shit. He will be here in an hour..." he looked around the room, it was filled with empty cans of soda and other trash together with some dirty clothes. "I need to clean this up, quickly." he got up from his computer and started cleaning, after he was done he took a quick shower.

It was 15 minutes left until his friend arrived. James was excited, not that there was anything to be excited about. They always met at James' place on the weekends to play games, drink or whatever they wanted to do. But today was going to be different, he woke up at 9 a.m, which  was really early for him, and spent nearly the whole day making levels in Mario Maker just for his friend. James heard the front door open and his heart skipped a beat. He was finally here.
James walked to the front door to greet his friend. "Hi dickhead." he looked at Aleks with a smile.

"Will you always greet me like this?" he sighed with a smile and clapped James on the shoulder. "By the way, I will be staying until wednesday" he showed the bad that he was carrying.

"No problem.  You know that I will always have a room for you." they walked to the room that now belonged to Aleks, that would crash at his place on weekends and sometimes under the week too, he would stay a couple of days before he returned home, so James arranged a room just for him.

But it hasn't always been like that, he would usually stay only on every next weekend and sometimes didn't even sleepover, instead he would drive home late at night and return in the morning but since he broke up with his girlfriend about 4 months ago he started to stay at James' place more frequently. James didn't have anything against it, they lived together before and he really enjoyed the company of Aleks, he always made him smile and laugh despite all the arguing and yelling at each other, some might think that they were brothers but they were just really close friends.

"So Aleks, are you ready?" James looked at him with excitement in his eyes.

"Well..." his stomach growled. "I need to grab something to eat first..." he felt kinda embarrassed since he could grab something on the way here.

"Um.." James scratched his back head. "I forgot to do groceries and I might have forgotten to eat dinner..." he glanced over at Aleks.

Aleks' jaw dropped "Are you serious?" he looked at him concerned "It's nearly 8 p.m" he grabbed the car keys from his pocket. "Come on, before we starve to death." Aleks drove them to the nearest market. As soon as they arrived, James jumped out of the car and sprinted to the market, Aleks soon followed.

"James?" Aleks was looking for his friend in the nearly empty market. "Where are you?"

"Here..." he popped up behind Aleks from nowhere making him jump and squeal in panic, he turned around and saw James smirking.

"You fuck... What do you want to eat? Hamburgers or curry?"

"I don't know." after giving it a thought he answered "I want pizza for dinner tomorrow. Eggs and bacon for breakfast."

"Okej, but what do you want to eat now?"

"It really doesn't matter. Do what ever you feel like."

Aleks was annoyed "I hate shopping with you." he said that as an elderly couple was passing by, soon they could hear the  elder woman say "What a sweet couple they are. Arguing about food, just like we used to do when we were younger."

James and Aleks looked at each other and started laughing. They? A couple? They couldn't believe that, but James felt kinda happy hearing that but didn't know why. Did Aleks feel the same or was it just funny for him? Now wasn't the right time to think about that, they proceeded with the shopping and paid for everything.
They headed home and Aleks prepared hamburgers for dinner, the smell made James' stomach growl really loud making Aleks giggle. After they were done they could finally start playing games or at least Aleks was going to play.
James hoped that Aleks would like the levels and wouldn't give up early like he always did.