(2) Falling

I nervously made my way to the lighthouse, fiddling with my sleeve as I spotted a girl with familiar short brown hair, sitting on the bench and looking straight ahead towards the sun dipping against the horizon of the ocean.

Should I say hello? Or should I wait for her to acknowledge me? Which sounds less desperate-

Max turned her back, facing me. I could've sworn my heart had stopped the moment her eyes met gaze with mine.

Quickly, I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Hey, Max! How's it going..." I greeted, waving at her.

"Well... Chloe just died." She dead panned, pursing her lips.

I bit my lip, completely forgetting that her bestfriend has just died.

You screwed up, Warren. Someone should just throw me off the cliff right now.

"Right, Max. I'm so sorry-"

"It's okay, warren. Calm down." She chuckled.

I looked down at my hands to see that I was already flailing them all over the place.

Change the topic, this is getting too awkward to even handle...

"So... Why'd you call me here?" I queried, shoving my hands into my jeans.

"Warren-" she let out a breath, "I can rewind time."

What the actual fuck...

"I'm sorry, what? I could've sworn I heard you say that you could rewind time-"

"That's because I can, Warren." She protested.

"Max you had a long week, maybe you should get some rest..." I explained, calming her down.

Crazy but beautiful. What have I gotten myself into?

"Warren, I'm sorry-" she grabbed onto the collar of my shirt and smashed her lips against mine.

What is going on?

My eyes remained wide and shocked as she held her grip onto me.

Then, she pushed me off the cliff.

Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I felt a gust of wind impacting my back continuously, my senses overwhelmed as my feet was unable to find ground to stand on.

I was never very found of heights, but at least I can sw-

My skin felt through the water and my skin stung as it came into contact with it. I fell, sinking into the deep ocean, holding my breath.

"Deal with the pain, because living is more important, Warren." I thought to myself as I swum to the top of the surface.

Immediately, I took in a big gulp of fresh air and exhaled, screaming in pain as the stinging pain from the fall still agitated my skin.

"It's not working, why isn't it working..." I heard Max yell as the water from my ears drained itself out.

Upon opening my eyes, I saw Max peeking out the cliff, grabbing onto her hand and began shaking it. My peripheral vision was blocked by strands of my hair before I brushed it up.

"Max! What the fuck?" I screamed.

"Warren-" she called out, "I'm so sorry!" She began running down to where I was.

I swam to the shore and dragged my body which felt 5 pounds heavier from the water that was absorbed by my clothes.

"Well... What a turn off." I muttered bitterly, under my breath.

She kisses and throws people off a cliff? Thanks, but no thanks.

"Warren!" Max eyes were filled with worry as she ran over and hugged me, knocking me down once more.

Great, now I'm coated in sand.

She laid above me, "Warren, I'm so sorry!" She yelled, her voice shaky almost as if she were gonna cry...

Did I do that?

Max quickly got up and held her hand out for my to grab.

"You're not gonna swing me across the ocean again are you?" I queried, rolling my eyes.

"No no, I can explain." She intervened.

"Well that explaination must be fucked up as balls..." I replied.