Started Out As Neighbors Ch. 14

It's been a month since Jimmy's death.  It's been hard on all of us during this time. The guys were just starting to write their next album, so needless to say writing had to stop for a while.  But throughout everything their fans have been so amazing.

Every day since his passing fans have been sending the guys pictures, posters, cards, anything and everything about how much they love and miss Jimmy. They were even sending in letters saying how the guys shouldn't give up writing just because he's gone.  It was great how the fans were so supportive of them.  I mean without them, there wouldn't be an Avenged Sevenfold.

After a lot of bickering and heated discussion, the guys decided to resume writing their album. But the only downside, was where were they going to find a drummer who could fill in for them?

As if somebody heard their thoughts, Matt's phone went off.  10 minutes later he walked back into the room with a smile on his face.

"Guys, they've found us someone who can fill in to do all the drum tracks."

"Well who is it?" Brian asked.

"Mike Portnoy." I swear all of our mouths dropped. 

"Mike Portnoy? As in THE Mike Portnoy from Dream Theatre?" Brian asked again.

"Yeah dude. That was Larry who just called me.  He wants us to head over to the studio right now to meet him." 

We all lazily, well except for Brian who looked like he was about to pee his pants, piled into cars and headed down to the studio.  It was a long drive to the studio and so I ended up falling asleep on Zack's shoulder.  

"Babe… Cami." Zack whispered in my ear.

"Huh?"  I mumbled. 

"We're here." He said smiling at me.  He helped me out of Matt's SUV and we headed inside.

The guys met with Mike and it was like a light sparked back up in the guys' eyes.  They talked for a few hours before we left and headed back to my house to think about what was going to happen now.  

"I think you guys should dedicate this record to Jimmy."  I told them while passing out drinks.

"You know I was just thinking that Camille.  I mean what if we wrote about Jim's life with us?" Matt explained.  

Everyone nodded and muttered something in I guess what was agreement.  For the rest of the afternoon we spent looking through the fan letters that we were wishing us all well and to please continue with Avenged Sevenfold.

"Hey guys look at this." I waved them over and they all sat beside me.  "This fan made a scrapbook of different things all about Jimmy."

We spent about half and hour looking through the scrapbook that this fan had made.  There were laughs and cries heard throughout looking at it.  She had captured some of Jimmy's best moments and it was the best thing that somebody could have done for Jimmy.  It was undoubtedly a testament showing that the fans do care about their music and want the guys to go on.