Chapter 1- Ellie POV

"Momma, momma, momma!"
I ran towards the house to show her the Turkey I made in school. I burst through the door and ran to the kitchen, where I knew she would be, as fast as my little 6 year old legs could carry me.
"Momma! Look what I made!"

I screamed. I ran over and knelt over her, with tears streaming down my face. I gently laid my hand in her chest, like daddy taught me to, to see if she was still breathing. I got up and ran over to Mrs. Kimberly's house. She opened the door and gasped at the sight of a little 6 year old cover in blood with tears streaming down her face.
☆☆☆☆☆
"Daddy?"
"Yes, Honey?" He choked out.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm so sorry honey. I can't do it anymore. Just promise me one thing."
"Whatever Daddy! Just don't do it! Don't leave me!" I cried.
"Promise me you won't blame yourself."
"I promise."
I screamed as a 7 year old would do if they just saw their dad plunge a knife into his chest.
☆☆☆☆☆
"Hey sweetie. You ready for this?" Milly asked.
I nodded.
"Yeah, I think so. Might as well get this over with."
Milly wrapped me in a bear hug.
"No matter what happens, I will always be here," Molly choked out through her tears.
I sniffled. "I know."
I looked at the door. Once I walked through, there would be no going back. No more Milly, no more England. Just America and strangers.
☆☆☆☆☆
I stated into the mirror. I was turning seventeen in 2 weeks. It was so amazing I had survived almost 3 years in this house, with these humans. I scrunched up my face. They didn't deserve to be called people, much less human. I sighed and looked at the color wrapped around my torso. It wasn't exactly noticable, but it's there. I placed a bandaid in the newest one. Last time I tried to take them out, he just forced more in. I threw on my tanktop and flannel and stepped out of the bathroom. I knew he would be down there, waiting, and watching. He doesn't try anything in the mornings, because I have school. He doesn't want anyone to get suspicious. I sighed. Time to face him. I stepped down the steps one at a time, cringing everytimethe skin in my torso stretched. I walked into the kitchen quietly. I opened and reached into the fridge. I grabbed orange juice and a cup. Unscrewing the lid, and pouring the juice, I got lost in my thoughts.

He does it everytime I do a little thing wrong.
"Ellie!" He roared.
I snapped out of my reverie and looked down. I had overflowed my cup and it had started splurging onto the marble counter. I slowly looked up at him. I could see him visibly shake with anger. The malice swimming in his eyes.
"S-s-sorry," I stuttered while making a dash toward the paper towels.
"You better be sorry," he sneered.
Suddenly his face out up with a smirk.
"We are gonna have some fun when you get home."
I slowly crumpled into myself. I would just not come home, and liveon my own, but if they caught me, it would be worse. All of a sudden, a stinging pain made itself known on my cheek.
"YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME WHEN I SPEAK TO YOU!" He screamed, turned on his heel, and walked out of the kitchen. I slowly stood up while cradling my cheek were in pretty sure there will be a hand print. I grabbed my bag and walked out the door to school. Leaving my orange juice forgotten in the counter.
☆☆☆☆☆
I plopped into my seat for math, the last period before lunch. I glanced around, looking for Joe. I breathed a sign of relief when I didn't see her. I didn't want her to see my face. I've been getting some pretty wierd looks. The bell rang and Ms. Grem stood up.
"Class, I have not been feeling well, so today we will be having a free period," everyone interrupted her with whispers of joy, "BUT! If I have to tell you guys to be auiet, I will give homework tomorrow." Ms. Grem sat back down with a sigh as everyone turned to their friends.

Something about her was off. She seemed more sad than sick. I shook my head clear of any other thoughts as sleep clouded my senses. I slowly dozed off.
☆☆☆☆☆
758 words