Prologue

"Amy!" Kira yelled from the back seat, "Slow down."

"Come on, I'm only going 55," Amy turned up the music and pushed down on the gas peddle, causing the Honda to swerve on the ice.

We continued down the highway, singing along with the stereo. Light fluffy flakes of snow began to fall, turning the sky grey. Then we turned onto a quite city street. No one was ever on that road, so we were the only car. Birch trees grew on both sides of the road. Everything was some shade of grey, and there was no sign of color coming anytime soon.

"Let me pick next son," Mali whined. Kira, Amy, and I had already picked songs.

"As long as it's not Justin Bieber," Amy said. Mali turned bright red. It was pretty common for us to pick on her love of JB.

Mali picked Stereo Hearts and we all sang along. The four of us met while singing this song in choir, so it held a special place in our hearts.

"Amy look out!" I shouted as a semi truck slid towards us on the ice.

Then I heard the sound of crunching metal and breaking glass. I was crushed into the dash board. I heard cracking and popping, probably bone. It felt like I was on fire and I felt something sticky and wet on my neck. Then I blacked out.