Chapter 7

Chapter 7

All Rights Reserved

*Raelin's POV*

As I enter the pizza shop, Haidley and Carrie are already there. They're standing in the corner of the shop, looking somewhat worried, I guess you would say. They spot me, then come over to me pulling each of my arms and pulling out of the shop.

"What are you doing?" I ask and they turn me around so I'm leaning against the wall staring helplessly at both of them. They look like skyscrapers and the light shining behind them doesn't really help.

"You don't want to go in there," Haidley warns then turns and heads down the sidewalk towards another store.

"We're going to Starbucks instead!" Carrie exclaims in her perky tone of voice. She then begins following Haidley. I could probably turn around and walk back to my apartment and they wouldn't notice until they got there, but I need to get to the bottom of this fishy behavior.

So, I follow.

We make our way to the Starbucks a few blocks down. We enter and find seats towards the back away from the window in the front. Haidley hates it when people watch her eat or drink. I guess it's creepy, but it doesn't really matter. Of course, Haidley always have an argument.

"What was going on in that pizza shop?" I ask automatically. I've spent so many years asking for gossip that it's pretty much a habit now. Sometimes, though, I wish it wasn't a habit of mine. I wish I could just be another face in the crowd and not have so much pressure on me to make good decisions for my popularity's sake. Then, I realize how stupid that would be. I am the girl everyone wanted to be and every guy wanted to date.

I don't think any girl wants to be in my position.

But, they don't know. I intend to keep it that way.

"It's something with Taliyah," Carrie says and Haidley elbows her in the side.

"Carrie!" she scolds and by this time, I know something is up.

"What?" she asks like she's completely innocent. Which, we all know she's not in every single way possible to be "innocent."

"Rae, I'm sorry, but we have to tell you," Haidley begins. "Don't get mad at me or Carrie. Get mad at Taliyah or Tyler, but not at us."

"Tyler?" I ask and laugh. But, then I see their serious expressions, and a thought that I don't want crosses my mind. "You're not...no." Is all I manage to say.

"Tyler is cheating on you with Taliyah," Carrie says what everyone is thinking. I admit, I admire her straightforwardness. But, she does it out of complete ignorance, which is what annoys me. How could someone be so... so... I want to be nice, but I can't do it. How can someone be so stupid?

"We can help you get through this..." Haidley trails off obviously wanting to say something else. "After you dump him and break his little heart!" And there it was.

"Look, guys, I don't care what Tyler does. I only got back together with him to get Raph off my back," I say, but then realize what I said. "April! I meant April off my back." I try to smile to hide the fact I said a name they don't have a face with. Now, they're curious.

"Who's Raph?" Haidley asks somewhat cautiously.

"Raph? I don't know a Raph..." I try to cover it up, but it's too late. They know about Raph. Well, kind of. They don't know what he looks like. They should never know. I just need to get out of this hole I dug for myself.

"Is he hot?" Carrie asks and I look at her confused.

"What?" I ask but then start shaking my head as I stand up. "No! No, no, no, no, no, no!! There is no Raph, ok? I was just kidding. Making sure you were listening!" I begin heading towards the door when I feel a hand hold me back. I turn around to see Haidley's brown eyes staring intently at me.