Author's Note

Welcome!

[any johnlock fans out there? ^ that up there is for you my friends :)]

PLEASE READ: (as stated in the original description of this book) This story DEALS with self-harm, depression, and other sensitive subjects. Please, I beg of you, do not read if you are easily affected by this and  it may be a trigger. You are, by no means, compelled to read this book. It's completely up to you. I am merely saying this because I want my readers to be able to read this and feel they are not alone. If anyone has any concerns or problems, feel free to message me. Thank you for your time. :)

SO, where to start? First of all, my reputation with writing is not great. Usually, I come up with an idea, I write the plan, the first couple of chapters, I get bored and I ditch it. This is probably my millionth attempt at actually finishing a book since I was born.

Ever since I was a kid I've wanted to be an author, but what's the point if I just don't have the patience? Believe me, I wish I did, and my impatience with writing infuriates me.

But you don't care about all of this, do you? You just care if this book is worth your precious time, if you are going to bother reading it in the first place. See? The whole writing industry is based on whether someone is going to give something a chance.

It starts off with the author. Am I going to give this book a chance? Should I dedicate hours of my time to this one idea? Do I add this in, or should I leave it?

Then it's the publisher. I don't really know much about the gist of publishing ones book, but I know at least that the novel's fate lies on the chance that the publisher will give it a chance. Will this book be a hit? Is it worth it?

Will the people want to give it a chance?

This is what annoys me. This is what fuels my impatience. If I put all my time into this, are people even going to bother reading it?

Obviously, I know that whether someone reads a book is not solely based on chance. It's also based on whether you're a good writer or not. If you're good at writing, then you'll get more people giving it a chance. If you're shit at writing, then why bother?

[I also know that some people may just want to write for themselves, and they probably won't give a flying fuck about all of this. But we're talking literally here, there's a girl typing behind this screen, wondering if she's ever going to get anything out of this.]

But what happens if you don't know if you're shit or not? What if you don't know whether to bother or not? What if, truth be told, you don't know if you'll ever make it?

That's where this book comes in. This isn't just a one-time thing where I cook up an idea and decide to make into a book.

I am simply testing my ability to actually finish a book here, and if any of you want to come along for the ride, you are very welcome to!

ALSO PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT AND SPREAD LOVE AND PEACE AND HAPPINESS AND RAINBOWS AND SHARE THIS STORY WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW, YOUR FRIENDS, COUSINS, SIBLINGS, PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS, HELL, SHARE THIS STORY WITH YOUR PET GOLDFISH IF YOU HAVE TO

God I'm so desperate.

Vote for free cookies?

So, without any further ado, my name is Meliodas, and this is my project to discovering myself!

Oh, and it's also my book.

Welcome to SAVING ANGELO!

© 2015 Saving Angelo. All rights reserved.