Chapter Two - Evil Beans and Yobs

I was on the computer researching mad people throughout history when I caught Lily sneaking out. I guess I wouIdn't have been suspicious if she wasn't tiptoeing and hiding behind all of the furniture. I think it was quite useful for mum to put the computer near the back door.

"Heading somewhere?" You should have seen the look on her face- but I'm not sure why she was so suprised. Did Lily seriously think that she could get past my watchful eye? Hah. That's a good one.

"Why do you have to be like that?" She seemed quite cross, even though I didn't understand why.

"Like what? I just asked you where you were going.", I answered. "And did you know that Pythagoras thought beans were evil? Like, normal, edible beans?"

"Oh, like the Pythagoras in maths? With the tri- Wait! No! I'm leaving! Bye, Crys!" Hm. I thought I might get her off topic in that one. But anyway, what? Do you expect me to let her go? No, I'm not that kind of person. So I held the door closed and looked back at her.

"You didn't answer my question." She looked like she was about to break into a fit.

"I'm going to see Severus. I think I might actually be a witch."

"Are you serious? What would make you believe that boy? It's obvious he's completely bonkers." I wanted to say he was yob, but I had walked past his house once and the amount of yelling drove me to tears, so I just couldn't.

"Well, how else would you describe that flower? And me and swing?" She had a point there. "I'm going to go talk to him again," She looked at me and sighed. "And I guess you could come too." But I'm a caring person (sort of ) and it didn't look like she wanted me to come. At all.

"No, I'll have to finish my project for school. You can go ahead and remember that you owe me one." I smiled as she ran out the door. I was writing down Pythagoras's bean theory when Petunia showed up.

"Where's Lily?!" Actually, instead of a question, she sort of commanded it.

"She went to meet Severus. Did you know that Pythagoras thought beans where evil?" I looked back at my confused sister and smiled.

"Are you sure he didn't mean metaphorical beans? Because- Where have Lily and that yob gone?" Here, I burst out laughing. I mean, come on! Yob is a hilarious word! yobyobyobyobyob....

"Crys! Tell me why she's left!" She was furious, and I'm not sure why. Then again, I didn't really care at the time.

"Calm down, Tunes. The logical explanation for the things that have been happening to us is that we really might be witches. So she went to talk with him." She looked steamed. And then she ran out the door, following Lily's footsteps.

"You owe me one!" I called after her and closed the door. I finished my project and started to watch Fawlty Towers on the telly until I was rudely interrupted by Tunes and Lily coming home.

"I swear! I didn't know he would do that!" came Lily.

"But he did! Why do you even talk to him?" answered Petunia.

"Why were you spying on us anyway? I was having a great time!" and on and on they went, arguing and at the end they both agreed that he was an ugly git. I waited until the end and then resumed my brain killing. Both of them joined me until mum came out and started yelling at us for being up so late. And then even more at Lily and Petunia for sneaking out.

I had to go to bed too, so I never figured out whether the rat was taken away from Manuel in the end. The next day, I met Severus again.

I was walking the neighbor's dog, Converse, when I saw Severus. He was taking a walk by the park and seemed to be in a really depressed mood. I ran up to him and tapped his shoulder. 

"Hey! You're Severus, right?" He seemed surprised for some reason, but ended up answering.

"Y-yeah. You're a witch too, you know." I smiled as kindly as I could.

"Yeah, I know. I'm Chrysanthemum. Call me Crys."

"How come you never come with Lily when we discuss wizard things?" This time, I was confused.

"Wizard? I thought I was a witch. And I usually don't come because Lily doesn't really want me there." He smiled too, which brightened up my spirits. We stopped for a while as Converse did his business and he explained how a wizard is a boy witch, and how usually everything is referred to as a wizard in a genderless way. I think we talked for quite a while. And then I looked at my watch.

"Oh, god. I'm about to be late for school." I looked back at Severus, but he hadn't reacted. "Don't you have to go to school?"  

"No. Hogwarts will teach me everything I need to know." So that's how I ended up knowing about Hogwarts and skipping school that day. We got hamburgers, and even Converse was happy because we ordered a cheeseburger for him, too. I didn't mind paying for anything, but we ended up exploring the entire town.

Sure, when I got home I was seriously in trouble for skipping school, but when I told my mum why I missed it she said that I had a good reason to miss school. My dad wanted to yell at me, but my mum prevented it. Lily wanted to know if Severus had said anything about her.

"Oh yeah! He wanted to know if you forgave him and that he swears it was an accident." Whatever "it" was, I thought. She seemed glad.

She left again at night, and this time she actually made sure I came. Severus discussed the different classes at Hogwarts. I said it didn't seem like school, but a course for fun. Lily said I was being a yob and I burst out laughing once more until everyone ended up laughing. I mean, YOB! That's the best word ever invented.