Chapter 3

GRACE POV

Before heading out the door with my art supplies to paint in the park, as I do almost every day, I walk over to my desk where I keep my picture of my fiance, Harold and I. I pick up the picture and just look at it for a moment. God, I miss him so much.

I set the picture down and head outside to go to the park, taking my usual route.

Walking past an alley the sound of gunshots sends panic up my spine. Turning into the alley I see three armed men in business type suits. They all stare at me.

I dart out of the alley immediately. Crap... They've seen me.

Turning my head into the alleyway I see they've gone.

I rush toward the dying man on the ground and try to stop his bleeding, keep him alive. "Help!" I call out, trying to get someone's attention. No one is near enough to hear.

I take out the phone and dial 9-1-1.

"9-1-1 What is your emergency?" The woman on the other says. It annoys me how these people can speak so calmly when someone is reporting an emergency.

"There's a man bleeding out in an alley," I say, then give her the location.

"Alright, the paramedics are on their way." The woman says, hanging up on me.

I walk out of the alleyway, leaving the man to bleed out, feeling guilty. But there's nothing I can do for him now. I know nothing of first aid.

"I wish I could help," I say, turning and leaving.

ZACHARY POV

"Is it done?" I stand before my boss, a gruff, short tempered man.

"Yes." I say.

"Good." Boss says. "I know I can always count on you to pull things off without a hitch."

"Actually," I keep my nerves from entering my voice. "There's one problem...."

"Problem?"

"Yes. A minor loose end." I begin. "A witness. By the name of Grace Hendricks. Matched her ID second I saw her."

"DAMN IT ZACHARY!" The boss yells. "THAT'S NOT A LOOSE END! THAT COULD BE THE WHOLE DAMNED PLAN FALLING THROUGH THE GRATE!"

I bite my lip.

"You eliminate her. No later than tomorrow night. You and your two best men. That should be enough." Boss says. "You are dismissed."

"Yes sir." I say, turning and walking toward the door.

"Oh, you know what else, Zachary?"

I turn back to him. "What, Boss?"

"If you screw this up..." Uh oh. A threat from the boss. Not good. "I will personally cut out your intestines and strangle you with them."

"Yes sir." I say, gulping.

"So I can count on you?"

"Yes sir." I say firmly.

"Good."

I know what to do. Either this b*tch dies, or I do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I updated! Man I <3 PoI #personofinterestrox