Chapter Eighteen

Tamara Rose~

On the one hand, I was relieved to hear that Eric had forgotten all about Cassie.

On the other hand, my blood began to pound in my ears at the idea of Dylan dying.

"Eric," I choked out, fear numbing the rest of my body parts that weren't already numb. "You...you can't. You can't kill Dyl--"

Blinding pain attacked my jaw. A sharp crunch echoed in my eardrums, and a piercing streak of heat traced up my cheeks and down my neck. He'd kicked my head sharply, most likely breaking my jaw.

My face had been the only thing I could feel, and now it was throbbing, searing pain stinging my bones.

I gagged, coughing up something red. My vision began to blur, but I could faintly make out an image of Eric crouching down in front of me. He leered. His eyes were flickering with hatred.

"Why the fucking hell can't I kill Dylan, hm, Rosie?" He leaned closer. His eyes were black. "I can. I'm strong enough. I hate him enough. I can kill him easily. And I will."

I didn't respond. My eyes were half shut, my face in too much pain to keep them fully open. My lips parted, a small trickle of blood dripping onto the ground.

I didn't have long.

As Eric continued to talk--to rant--I thought about it. All of it. Life. My life. My glorious, disastrous, pathetic excuse for a life. All the death, all the love. All the people in it--the good ones, the bad ones.

Dylan, Mark, Jordan, Josh, Lizzie, Eric, Jason, Cassie--

Like a switch, something clicked in my brain.

Jason.

The blood oath.

"Eric," I whispered, coughing. My words were barely audible. In fact, they could very well be the last. Still, I knew I had to say them.

"Eric, will you...will you marry me?"

***

Eric~

I stared at her.

The shock that coursed through me was like a tidal wave, enough to send me leaning backwards in astonishment. My lips parted as I stared at her, stunned, speechless.

"I..." I didn't know what to say.

She closed her eyes, agony sketched across her expression. "Please." The word was a whisper, barely there. "I realized...I realized I've been wrong. All this time, I've been wrong. You're the one I love. You're the one I want to be with. It's only you. It's only ever been you."

"You finally see it too," I whispered, tears forming in my eyes. Happiness made my heart race. This was happening. It was really, finally happening.

"Yes," I muttered, unable to take my eyes off her. "Yes, I'll marry you, Tamara Rose."

Barely noticeable, the corner of her mouth twitched.

"No, you won't," she whispered breathily, voice shaking. "I took a blood oath. I can't marry anyone but Jason. So, us, agreeing to get married..."

She opened her eyes, and our gazes locked. Her brown eyes were watery, but shining with determination.

"You just agreed to your death sentence, Eric.

...We both did."

***

A/N:

Short chapter, but definitely eventful, I'd say.

Comment telling me what you think !! >_<