Deduction (L x Light) Prologue

(A/N) ok so I've decided to write a fanfiction between L and light from DEATH NOTE. IM TOTALLY INTO IT. This is my first l x light fanfic, so don't be to harsh ok? Good.
Let the case begin.

Prologue

L's P.O.V.

"Kira, what type of person are you?" L thinks to himself, sitting in his awkward, yet comfortable position in his chair. His widened eyes were still locked on the computer screen, listening to the news about the mass murder of criminals.

Kira had started his reign.

"It's funny; some people ask that about myself. L, the person who never shows his face. Why trust L, who's name still remains unknown? Of course, there's a simple answer." L thinks as he pops another lollipop into his mouth, causing the strawberry flavor to fill his mouth. His white shirt continues to lift up and down to his calm, shallow breathing.

I'm their last resort.
Their final method.
Their "Plan Z".
The reason they trust me is only because they have to. I'm the only one they can turn to. They could never reach my level of deduction, and they know it.

Climbing of the sofa, L takes the lonely lollipop stick from his mouth, and places it with the other pile of sticks on his desk. Standing in his noticeable slouching posture, he raises his thumb to the corner of his pale lips.

"But Kira, who are you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Light Yagami, a brilliant A+ student in senior year of highschool, now known by the world as Kira. Not that the world knew that HE was Kira, of course. He wouldn't be so careless as to say.

Light was checking TV for broadcasted criminals and was jotting their name down, and with each name written down, another person died. This simple notebook, this strength, this POWER, will water the seed of the new world.  A world he envisioned without crime.

This notebook was his, as some would say, secrete weapon.

Write the name of a person you know and they will die in 40 seconds. That was the main rule of the Death Note. They would die of a heart attack , at that time, unless he wrote down otherwise.

There were, of course, downsides to his plan. One, having to be followed everywhere by a shinigami, Ryuke. Ryuke is the reason that Light had gotten the Death Note in the first place. It had been Ryuke's until he left the shinigami realm and decided to drop the book in the human world.

Light had seen the Death Note fall from the sky, from his seat in school, and had been the only one who had seen or touched it. Once he had touched it, he could see the shinigami who appeared to him three days later. The notebook had become his.

"Kira, huh?" asked Ryuke, who was eating, apple after apple from a basket.

Light gave a smirk,"Yeah, it's curious that they gave me a name that means 'Killer' in the english language."

''Ha!" Ryuke gave a grim laugh."if only the public knew that 'killer's' dad is in charge of the investigation to arrest Kira.'' he said, swallowing the last apple, core included.

Light ignored him. He had more important things to do.  He wrote down one last name.

He would become the god of this new world. and right now, he had only one threat.

L.

Faceless, nameless and known to the world only by a title. Much like himself, Light would say.  Plus both of them were obvious geniuses, manipulatively tricky and both with a definition of justice. They were practically the same person, just on different sides.

How he longed to meet this man, learn his face and name, and meet this brilliant mind.

So he could kill him.

L had already fooled him once and had figured out that he didn't need to be present to kill. And by hacking into his fathers work laptop he was able to find out that L already suspected that Kira was a high school student in Japan. He had to be much more careful now and in the future.

L, had to be eliminated immediately. With L out of the picture, he could paint this world anew, with no limitations.