Part 25

Merry POV

Merry look at Hailey through adoring eyes. What was she to say to her? Should she reveal that someone does stay with her...and most importantly that person was her son Matthew. Maybe. After all Hailey would soon see him. It was better to tell her now than she finding out later and feeling betrayed by her.

Speaking of that child of hers...he had not yet informed her about his landing in London. Oh how he annoyed her sometimes being so absent minded. However for some reason she felt like being forgetful had nothing to do with it this time. His voice was filled with worry. Was he hiding something important from her?

"Yes, actually I live here with my son. Actually this house is not mine but his." Merry answered , her eyes lifting from Hailey's face to look at Kelly, who has appeared holding a tray with two mugs filled with hot chocolates. Feeling Hailey's eyes still on her, she refused to look at her.

She smiled kindly at the young maid and motioned for her to place it on the circular table in front of them, thanking her as she did so. The young maid nod with a kind smile.

Hailey, as if waking up from a trance, shook her head and also turned towards the maid.

"Thank you Shelly." She whispered, still engrossed in her thoughts.

Merry face erupted into a smile. She called the maid Shelly?

"You little minx..." Merry said, playfully at the maid. Kelly looked at her with twinkling eyes. Merry laughed inwardly, realizing that Kelly had not corrected Hailey on purpose.

Hailey raised a questioning brow at the sudden turn of conversations.

"Hailey my dear, her name is not Shelly. It's Kelly." Merry informed laughing loudly.

Hailey's face reddened as an ashamed blush washed over her cheeks.

"My apologies Madam." Kelly nod appoligally at Hailey.

Hailey nod back speechlessly. Merry looked on at their exchanges. She could see so much similarities between these two woman, she wondered if they saw it as well...

***

Hailey POV

They both looked at Kelly's back as she walked away from them after a few minutes filled of chatter and laughter. Waiting patiently for the right moment to come as Kelly was far enough so that she did not overhear their conversation Hailey looked back at Merry, only to find the woman already looking her way.

"Your son. This house belongs to your son?" Hailey asked. He must be the the one who was looking at her the moment she first set foot on his property. But where had he disappeared to after? If this was his home, why did he not introduce himself? So many questions drifted into her head....but there was one she desperately needed to know at this moment.

"Merry..." She began slowly. passing her tongue over her now dried lips. "The day you found me and asked me to work for you.... How did you know about me to start with?"

Something flashed in Merry's eyes as she looked away briefly. "I don't think I am the best person to ask these questions to my dear..." Merry answered still not looking her way.

Suddenly a warning alarmed inside Hailey's head. She knew it! Her gut had been telling her from the beginning that something was wrong but she was to stubborn to listen....

Hailey stood abruptly. Merry turned her gaze quickly on her, her eyes alarmed and filled with worry.

"I do not think that I should stay here any longer." Hailey spoke, looking directly into Merry's eyes.