Chapter 1

Hey everyone... this is my first story and i hope u guys like it.... tell me if something doesnt make sense or I need to fix my grammar...thanx for reading this:)... comment on how i do! enjoy! thanx DancerNwriter16 for my cover :) this used to be the prolouge but u guys were saying it was too long and other stuff to be a prolouge so i changed it:)

 --Chapter 1

 I got up from bed and started my everyday routine. It was a regular day, but also the day before my sixteenth birthday. 'Finally,'I thought, 'I'm finally going to get more freedom in my life!'

 I have protective parents, and they like to keep me in their sight everywhere I go like I'm a two year old. I bugged them so much they told me that on my sixteenth birthday I would get more freedom. It drives me nuts! I decided to wear a simple orange top and skinny jeans, put my brown curly hair into a messy ponytail, put on some makeup that matched my dark brown oval shaped eyes and tan skin, and went down the stairs to the kitchen. As always, the house was nice and tidy. My parents are total neat freaks, so our maid, Sara, comes to clean our house every day and it has to be spotless. She isn't allowed in my room, because I like to know where I put my things.

 Like always, I found my parents at the breakfast table. I sighed and sat at the table and started eating my breakfast.

 "Good morning to you too," my mom shot out to me. She had light brown curly hair with light brown eyes and tan skin. She had a bit of a stomach but not much and she looks pretty young for her age. My dad had black hair and tan skin too. He also had a bit of a beer belly.

 "Morning," I replied while looking down at my plate.

 --

 Climbing out of the car that my parents make me ride, I said goodbye to my driver, David, and slowly walked into the school.

Walking into the classroom, I waved to some of my friends and sat at my desk next to my best friend, Jenna. We've been friends ever since we started high school. She was the one person I could always rely on.

 "Hey!" I said looking at her. Today she was wearing a tight brown top and skirt that went up to her knees. Her wavy blond hair was straightened stick straight and she had heavy makeup on her pale white skin.

 "Hi!" she replied.

 "Are you coming over today so we can plan tomorrow out?"

 "Yep!"

 I smiled at her, as the teacher walked in. I leaned back in my chair, got my iPod and earphones out and stuck them into my ears. I watched the teachers mouth move as she started the lesson.

 --

 Jenna walked through the door without bothering to knock. My house was really like Jenna's second home because she was always coming over.

 "Ok let's start planning," Jenna said.

 I grinned. We were planning to steal some beer from Jenna's house, go into the park and hang out with some of her older friends. It was going to be a blast.

 "OK, so this is what we're going to do...."

--

 I climbed out of bed and  fixed it. I got ready and went downstairs. I could smell my favorite breakfast, crepes. "Yum.'" I climbed onto my chair and started eating my crepes. (A/N For people that don't know, it's a French dish). Finishing my breakfast, my parents came and stood in the doorway.

 "Happy birthday, honey!" my mum and dad said together.

 "Thanks" I replied.

 "I know you remember what we told you so go ahead and enjoy your freedom. Remember to be home before twelve and keep your phone with you and have it on at all times."

 I mumbled my thanks and left, waving at them.

--

 "Ok, are you ready?" Jenna whispered in my ear.

 I nodded a reply.

We were dressed in just black and were sneaking around Jenna's house, getting ready to attack the bar. Her parents had already passed out after all the drinks they had, but the maids were still around so we had to be supper careful or they would mess up our plan. Just to say you do not want to mess around with these maids in this house.

 We crawled to the bar, ninja style, grabbed the bottles of beer and stuffed them in the black bag in my hand. Slowly, we continued the ninja style crawl we were doing before and snuck out of the house. After we were far enough from the house, we started laughing. It was going to be a great night.

 We got to the park and Jenna signaled me to follow. The park had a whole bunch of trees so it looked like we were walking into the woods but with occasional benches and tables. It was pretty dark, so we had to use a flashlight. Walking to the middle of the park, we saw two figures in the shadows of a fire and I knew they were Jenna's older friends. I couldn't see their faces but they looked like pretty good-looking guys. They both were sitting on a log, smoking their cigarettes.

 "Hey Trey and Steve, we got the beer!" Jenna swung the bag in the air.

 "Hey sexy, is that your friend that you told us about?" one of them asked.

 "Yeah, Maddie this is Trey," she pointed to the blond haired boy that had a tight t-shirt on that showed all six of his abs. The one that asked the question was wearing a leather jacket and skinny jeans. "And this is Steve." She pointed to the black haired boy that had a simple t-shirt and jeans on but looked hot. "And guys, this is Maddie."

 They both looked at me up and down, pausing a little at my curves and nodding at me. I just stood there, looking at them, until Jenna came and gave me a bottle of beer then sat down next to one of the guys. Just to say, I've never had any kind of alcohol, which again was because of my parents. So when I took a sip, it tasted bitter and it burned my throat which caused me to start to cough. Then I felt a hand hitting my back. I looked up and saw Steve behind me.

 He smirked at me, "You haven't had any alcohol before, have you?" I shook my head at him. "Don't worry, the more you drink the better it tastes." He handed me my beer back, that I didn't know fell out of my hand, and I nodded my thanks.

 We started talking, while I drank my beer and he was right the beer did start tasting better. It still had a bitter taste to it and it burned my throat. It felt and tasted good. I noticed Jenna making out with Trey and swaying a little. I smiled, shook my head and turned back to Steve. "So, how old are you?"

 "Twenty."

 I knew that these guys were going to be old, but no that much. 'Dang,Jenna!' I thought "Then why would you want to hang out with girls our age? Can you not get women your own age?"

 He smirked at me and I decided it was time to go. I don't want to have any problems on my birthday. "Jenna come on, let's go; we're leaving. And don't you dare say no to me, 'cause I'm not in the mood." I decided to use my tough voice on Jenna becasue she would stay all night making out with the guy. I wasn't going to stay here anymore, because I had the feeling that if we did, something bad was going to happen. Jenna got of Trey's lap, mumbled something I couldn't hear and followed after waving at the boys. 'At least I had some fun.' I thought and smiled to myself.

 --

 Jenna and I separated on our way home because my house was on the other side of the park. As I walked, I breathed in the fresh night air and smiled. I was going to enjoy this, now that I didn't have my parents by my side every minute of the day.

 I walked up my street and saw a police car in front of my house. I blinked a couple times to make sure I wasn't dreaming. The third time I binked the car was still there. 'We didn't do anything did we?' I thought to myself. I slowly walked up to the car and a police officer stepped out. "Are you Maddie Maddix?"

"Yes"

"You are required to come to the police office to where you will live. Both your parents have been killed in a car accident and the car that hit them drove away."

"What!? How did it happen? My parents are always careful when they drive! No, they can't be dead...I just turned sixteen, they can't be gone!" That is when I broke down and cried. I cried so much that I didn't think I have any more tears left. "I didn't even say a correct good-bye to them this morning!" I cried to myself. So much for not wanting something bad to happen.