Hořejší Nábřeží (Upper Waterfront)

...Her room was stuffy and smelt of some scent she had bought in the Japanese shop. Gurov looked at her, thinking to himself: "How full of strange encounters life is!". (Anton Chekhov, The Lady with the Dog 1899)

Dore Fasol was strolling down Hořejší Nábřeží, when he was suddenly struck with the most intriguing thought. Not wanting to lose his window of inspiration, he takes from his pocket an old portable audio recording device, and starts speaking.

"I find myself in a rather strange point. I am not thinking clearly, yet my mind is clear. As I am walking down this road, I realise that I might be in the best state of mind to be creative. Though, it does not seem that I am exactly going to produce anything great, the idea of being in such a clear moment, that maybe what I produce, will be something... unique. Maybe a monologue or the beginning of something."

Dore paused for a second to see if anything else would come to mind.... Nothing more, but he kept the recording rolling around his neck just in case.

He took a deep breath and pondered what he had just recorded. The idea that he was in such a state of incisiveness made him very excited at first, and then very anxious. He began considering the relevance of his situation in relation to this new discovery. If this was in fact the best time for him to be creative while he was walking, how would he be able to be productive? Would it be best for him to find a place to sit and write or continue walking and recording his thoughts? And would he be able to do anything or have the same inspiration to adapt these possible ideas later?

The truth is that he did have a ton of notes and recordings piled up that he never returned to. For example, this particular cartridge, where by this recording exists, is one that he started while on business in London this past September. Across it was scrolled "Ideas". Unfortunately this was one of many cartridges with a similar title. In fact he had loads of cartridges, notebooks and other materials holding his ideas with no organisation what so ever. This was mostly attributed to Dore's fear of losing an idea unless he recorded or jotted it down before it slipped away into the abyss of his subconscious.

Yet, this cartridge "ides" was most significant because while in London he visited an extraordinary art exhibition at Tate Modern titled Surrealism and Beyond. He was so inspired that while we was walking down the Victoria Embankment coming from the museum, he came up with a number of very interesting interactive art canvas ideas that he aspires to make one day.

They included:

• Hidden objects under canvas

• Mold

• Layers of the body and flesh

• Fire • blue and white metal panels like in Kolbenova Metro station

• and Sound canvases audiobooks

At least this is what he wrote on a small piece of paper that he conveniently tucked away in the small compartment on the side of the cartridge. 

Yet, as with most of his notes, Dore would most likely not remember the exact inspirations that he envisioned that day and would most likely not revisit this note anytime soon or ever. But the thought that they were there and that he might one day revisit them when in desperate need of an idea, comforted him.

"Would this be the same for these recordings I am making now?" he thought. "And if I have a brilliant idea, will it also be lost in a mess of paper hidden within lone cartridges?"

Dore had many questions and unfortunately that was always the determining factor that interrupted his creative process; overthinking. This very much overwhelmed him.