Chapter 1: Shadowing Roads

I look up to her to see this cute girl, wearing glasses, blonde hair and petite in comparance to my height of approximately 5'11", I'd say she is about a foot shorter than me in fact. She is wearing a thin black cotton sweater and pink top pairing with a simple pair of denim jeans.

"No, no it was totally my fault. Don't trouble yourself with the thought of it."

"If you say so I guess..."

She is starting to soften her voice, from shyness I guess.

I smile to her blushing face as she lowers her head from embarrassment, that even I couldn't comprehend on the reason of.

"If you would excuse me now then... I have to be somewhere..."

"Same goes for me... I guess... I'll take my leave then."

I head down the stairs, leaving her behind as she collects herself and out of the complex. I head over to the pay park beside the complex and hop into my dad's old 1999 red Toyota Corolla.

"I wonder where I should go for today.."

I then am reminded on how empty my fridge is and how I haven't ate anything for today either.

"Well I guess I know what is happening for now." I grab my wallet from my back pocket and check how much I have right now.

"50 bucks huh... and the credit card my parents will deposit money on for all my expenses, I wonder how much is in here anyways." I set my car to drive and proceed to head out.

The complex I live in is approximately five kilometer out of the city, and the college I am supposed to go to for the next 4 years, assumingly I don't fluke, is roughly a bit farther, assumingly I pass.

I head to town, following the long stretch of road that is parallel to the coast and take the first right towards the town. Roughly about 10 minutes i reach the city and look for the first supermarket I see.

I stop by Target as it is the only place I can think of that I know has a market in this town for sure, I park my car and proceed to head inside and start shopping for my needs.

Thoughts echo through my mind as I go through cartons of milk, picking what brand I want to try for now. "Who was that girl awhile ago I wonder." "Well she was in the apartment complex so she must be a neighbor I guess..." I start to blush thinking of different stuff about her that I started to drift away.

I shook my head, "What the hell man, what the fuck are you thinking?! She is just someone you met coincidentally. Don't get your hopes up again. Remember Brittany? You know what happened there."

Brittany, the richest and hottest girl back in 12th grade, everyone wanted her, even I did too. But behind all that glam and galor was a princess by day and a prostitute by night. Someone who sold her V card to a stranger on e-bay for half a million dollars and kept it hidden from everyone. Everyone but me, the only guy who treats the internet like a second family more than anyone else. I stumbled across her "body auction" a few months before graduation, finding people in the internet to have one night stands with her and the like, a legitimate slut behind closed doors.

I check the time on my wrist watch after getting all the necessities needed for the week at the very least. "11: 42 AM", still early I guess, I proceed to the cashier to have all my stuff checked out.

"That will be 62 dollars sir."

Oh crap. Well good thing I have my credit card with me, I proceed to hand it to her and she swipes it in.

"Sir, this credit card hasn't been activated yet."

Wait what, not activated?! Are you kidding me now?! The frustration of this is getting to me as I realize I have 50 dollars for the week only and maybe not even enough for food and gas for the car at the same time.

Just then the lady behind me poked me in the back, it was her, from the apartment this morning.

"Will you make it faster----" She produces a startled face as she notices who she was talking to.

"This is kinda embarrassing but apparently I don't have enough money to pay right now, so I'll just pass for now I guess."

"Is that so? Tell you what, I'll pay the amount that you can't and we can call it even this morning?" She smiles jokingly.

Is she teasing me? Well time to dish out some teasing of my own. "Okay sure, thanks!"

"wait... WHAT?! I was joking you dummy!!! You don't expect me to give you free money now don't you?"

"Do you want a kiss in return then?"

She blushes for a moment and gives a slightly angered expression.

"Do you want a kick in the nuts?"

"Sure, just give me 62 dollars for all this then."

She hands 62 dollars to the cashier and proceeds to kick me as hard as she can.

"SHITTTTTTTT!!!! I WAS KIDDING YOU MONSTER!"

"Oh you were? I didn't notice it, I thought you were being serious too." She jokingly smiles and starts to pay the cashier for her own stuff, help me up and proceed to give me my own groceries.

"Here is what 62 dollars and your manliness gets you."

"You're a tease you know that? And what happened to that shy expression of yours?"

"Good point, all I feel right now is rage and the inclination to torture you for a year in a room full of pythons and come back after."

"......"

"You became quiet..."

"I'm thinking oh how to tell the cops on how a sadistic ball kicker and python feeder is threatening my life."

"ha-ha-ha. Then I'll think of how to tell them on you wanting to kiss me and say that is sexual harassment."

"Okay fine we are even."

"Good."

My stomach starts to rumble as. Ahh nearing lunch time I guess, might as well ask this girl out to eat since she did pay for my groceries.

"Hahaha, is that your stomach rumbling?"

"Shut up, I'm just parched is all. You got a car?"

"Nah, I took a cab."

"Wanna grab something to eat?"

"Your treat then."

"Of course it is. Didn't catch your name by the way."

"It's Alex."

"Cool. Let's go then."

~END OF CHAPTER 1~