Eleven- the tournament

It was the day of the tournament. Everyone was present at the arena. "There is only one rule, the one who falls first loses." Queen Elinor said. "To all our brave candidates, I wish you all the best of luck in your duel."

Hiccup gulped, fingering the handle of his sword. He was somewhat able to use it in a fight now, thanks to the lessons that Jack and Merida had drilled into his brain. But he knew that what he learned was nothing compared to what the more experienced candidates knew.

"You may begin."

Merida bit her lip nervously as she watched the duel from her seat. MacGuffin and Dingwall had already lost, and now it was only Hiccup and Macintosh left. "C'mon, Hic...." She murmured under her breath. "C'mon!" Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Jack and Rapunzel in their seats, not too far away. Jack was watching the fight, completely focused on Hic's movements. Rapunzel was fiddling with a lock of her long hair, something she did when she was nervous.

"Come on, son! Finish it already!" Lord Macintosh shouted. "End the duel!" The glare Stoik gave him was enough to shut him up. Stoik turned back to his son, worry clearly written on his face.

Hiccup wasn't keen on getting beaten, but he knew it would take nothing short of a miracle for him to defeat Macintosh, considering how the latter's skills with weapons were compared to his own. Macintosh charged at Hiccup, sword raised. Hiccup let out a surprised yell, deflecting his blows as well as he could.

Not good enough.

A blow knocked his sword out of his hand, and the next thing he knew, Macintosh's sword handle slammed into the side of his head, and he was falling.

"HICCUP!!!" A scream echoed through the arena.

Red curls....