WAIT... I thought romeo threw rocks at juliet's window... not the other way round! (2)

We walked into Mason's house, still laughing as loud as we had been when we left Parker's house. There were only about 20 houses between the two, but we'd still had around half of them peering out their windows to see who was being so loud. Well we were having fun, and they were just gonna have to suck it up and deal with it!

Mason led me into his kitchen and grabbed the juice. He lifted it up to me, basically asking if I wanted some. I shook my head and laughed. "Nuh uh, you're not getting out of it that easy." He paled, but carried on pouring his juice. He put it away and drained the cup in one, knowing I would be merciless due to the dare he's just given me.

"Okay... hit me. What have I got to do?" I smiled, evilly as I told him what he was going to do.

"You like Tyrone, right?" He nodded, looked away, and blushed a bit, as he always did when his name was mentioned. I thought it was cute, but carried on, "Well my dare is for you to go to Tyrone's house... and tell him how you feel." His gaze snapped back to mine, looking as if his world was about to fall apart.

"I can't do that! I mean... what if he isn't... you know... like me?" I couldn't believe after a whole six months, he still found it hard to admit he was gay. I know I didn't have a problem with it, and everyone at school, other than the occasional homophobic, I'm sure would find it perfectly acceptable.

"And how did I know that Parker WASN'T gay?" I retorted. I saw his point, but there was no way he was getting away with this.

"Hmm, maybe the fact he has a different girl in the closet every week!" Oh shoot... he had me there. I thought for a second then finally went for a subtler approach.

"Okay. So what are you gonna do? Never admit to him you like him and pass up the possibility he might like you too? Tell me how this is any different to a guy liking a girl. They admit it! Why can't you?" He seemed deep in thought after this one. I smiled, as sweetly as I could. Now I wasn't working towards winning. I wanted him to be happy. He'd been my best friend for as long as I could remember, and now he felt like a brother to me, without the sibling rivalry.

"I... I'll give it a go." I did a little celebratory dance and we laughed, walking once again out into the streets, which might as well be gold-lined since it was so different... so clean and pristine compared to ours. We soon came up to Tyrone's house, and I hugged Mason, whispering good luck in his ear. He smiled, and straightened up his shirt, and with a last flick of his hair, he was off to walk towards the door.

I pressed myself against the hedge so that I could listen in on how it went. I was begging for it to go well, not thinking about the dare. I heard him knock on the door, and it was opened by someone with a deep voice. "Hey, Mason. What's up, man?"

"Um... Tyrone... can we... talk?" So it was Tyrone... man he had a hot voice... He must have nodded, for soon the door closed, and I heard footsteps coming towards me. Luckily they stopped quite a way away, so that I was still out of sight. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding as they started to talk again.

"What's wrong?" That sounded a bit like Tyrone's voice... but it was softer... more caring. I was suddenly anxious to see his reaction, and excited... he sure sounded like he liked Mason as more than just a friend. It was just whether he was ready to admit it.

"Tyrone... I'm gay. I... I didn't know how to tell you... I just... Why are you smiling like that?" I reached my head so I could see Tyrone's face, and sure enough he was smiling. It was so sweet. But Mason saw me, and I ducked back behind the hedge, hoping I wouldn't ruin anything.

"Because that means I'm not the only one." Mason let out a relieved laugh, but then his voice was serious again, as he continued with telling Tyrone everything.

"Th... There's... more. I like... no. If I'm gonna tell you, I'm gonna tell you exactly how I feel. Tyrone, I love you. All I ask is for you to tell me whether you feel the same, and if not, I won't press this any further." Wow. He started off stuttering, but how strongly that last part came out... I suddenly realized he felt for Tyrone like I felt for Parker. Wait... I can't like Parker that much. He's a jerk remember?!

But you do love him, Vi.

Who the hell are you?

Duh... I'm you!

Then how am I arguing with MYSELF?

I don't know! Just admit it, you're in love with Parker.

I pushed whatever voice that was to the back of my head and tried to listen in on the conversation. I couldn't hear any talking, so I decided to wait it out. I got out my phone to see two messages from an unknown number. Who the hell was texting me at three AM?

Hey guys, thanks for reading, commenting and voting, you all rock!

Tell me what you think, and if you wanna read more (:

x