Chapter Two

In a few minutes, we end up in front of the warehouse and are met by a man with short sandy blonde hair and in what looked like some sort of suit or uniform. He was also carrying a bow and quiver of arrows. The man looks from me to Bruce and asks, "Is that her?"

Bruce nods. "Yeah, this is Audrey," he replies.

"You must be Agent Barton," I say once I realize what he asked.

He nods and then says, "Yep, I am. So I take it Fury's recruited you?"

"More like forced me into a job," I say.

Barton smirked a little. "Yeah, Fury tends to do that," he said. "Speaking of Fury, we probably should grab your things and go; he doesn't like waiting much."

"So I've been told," I say. "Well come on then, the entrance is this way." I walk to the warehouse and make my way to the well hidden side door and open it open, letting Bruce and Barton inside before closing the door. I see both of the men looking around the warehouse and Bruce asks, "You live here?"

I nod. "I can't afford a house, or anything else for that matter, so I crash here," I reply. "It's a bit big and a little creepy sometimes, but it's actually not that bad; it definently beats living in a cardboard box in an alley way."

"Yeah, I know what you mean," Bruce mumbles, still looking around the large, dimly lit warehouse.

I nod and lead both men to the area where my possessions were, which to be honest, wasn't much. Besides the clothing on me, my watch, and my swiss army knife, I only had an extra hoodie that had numerous holes, a small leather pouch filled with gold drachmas, and my specially crafted sword made of celestial bronze.

"If you have this little stuff, why'd Fury send us to help you move it?" Barton asked, tossing me a backpack as he eyed my stuff.

I caught the backpack with ease as I shrugged. "Dunno," I say, putting all of my things into the bag. "All I know is that you were told to stop watching me and help me out with whatever and Bruce was sent to make sure I didn't fall or hurt myself."

Barton raised an eyebrow. "You clumbsy or somethi-"

I quickly pulled out my sword and whipped around, holding the tip of the sword at Barton's jugglar. His eyes widened a little and I smirked. "Nope, I just ran into him a few minutes ago; I think Fury meant it as a joke." I lowered the sword and sheathed it. Barton relaxed and rubbed his throat while Bruce just stood there smiling. 

"We should probably get going," Barton said. "Fury's probably wondering why we haven't come back yet."

I nod. "Then let's head back."

+++

 "Took you three long enough," Fury barked as Barton, Bruce, and I walked into Stark Tower. "What did you do; stop for drive through?"

"More like trying to decapitate me," Barton mumbled. Fury heard his words and glanced over at my, raising an eyebrow. 

"What?" I asked. "He asked if I was clumbsy, so I just showed him that I wasn't."

A small smirk spread across Fury's lips as he said, "Next time try not to decapitate my best marksman."

I smile and nod. "I'll keep that in mind for next time."

"Let's please not have a next time," Barton said, trying his best not to whine.

"As long as you don't call me clumbsy there won't be a next time," I say with a smirk.

Barton starts to retaliate, but Fury says, "You two can argue later. Right now, we need to get Audrey situated and then get her trained-"

"Oh come one Fury," Tony complained, yawning a little, "can't this wait 'till the mornin-"

"No Stark, it can't," Fury barked. Fury looked over at me and was about to say something when I said, "Actually, Tony has a good point; it's late and to be honest, I've been through a lot today. Waiting a few more hours couldn't hurt anything; besides, I already have previous training."

"Yes, but can you go against one of our own?" Fury asked.

"I almost decapitated Barton," I say bluntly.

"I wasn't talking about Barton," Fury replies. "I was talking about someone a lot stronger- actually, several people who are a lot stronger." Fury's eyes flicker to Bruce, who immediately tensed up, for a moment before looking back at me. 

I shrug and say, "Maybe, maybe not."

Fury huffs. "Well that tells me a lot," he grumbles.

I shrug again. "I've battled some pretty strong people before, but I really can't tell you if I can take on your strong people considering I don't even know who you're talking abou-"

"You wanted to see me sir?" a voice asked.

I turned around and standing there was a tall, muscular man with sandy blonde hair and bright blue eyes. His clothes also seemed to be a bit retro as well with his tan khakis and tucked in button up corduroy shirt.

Fury nodded and said, "Yes Rogers, I did. I need you to train Audrey, our newest recruit."

"Of course sir," Rogers said, pausing a little. "Don't take this the wrong way, sir, but isn't a bit late for training-"

"SEE?!" Tony exclaimed a bit overdramatically. "Even Capsicle agrees it's late! And he's the goddamn super soldier!"

Rogers cast a small glare Tony's way before looking back at Fury. Fury looks around at all of us before sighing in defeat. "Okay fine," he grumbles. "But first thing tomorrow, I'm briefing you Audrey. Then Rogers will help train you along with Agent Romanoff-"

"Natasha's coming in?" Barton asks with his eyebrow raised. "I thought she was away on a mission."

"She got back in about an hour before Audrey showed up," Fury replied. He looks back at me and says, "Be sure to be down here at 8 am."

I nod. "Will do," I say.

Fury nods sharply before turning and leaving the Tower. I noticed that when Fury left that all of the men relaxed and didn't seem to be so alert. "So," I say, trying to strike up a conversation, "is Fury always this pleasant?"

Tony snorts. "Most of the time it's worse, especially in the morning; it's like he eats Bitter O's for breakfast or something."

I chuckle a little. "Lovely, so he should be fun to work with tomorrow."

Tony smiled and nodded. "Yep, I don't envy you, kid."

I chuckle and shake my head. Rogers comes up to me and says, "We haven't been properly introduced; I'm Steve Rogers." He puts his hand out for me to shake.

I smlie at Steve and shake his hand. "Audrey Henley," I say. 

Steve smiles back. "It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am."

"You too," I say.

He nods and looks over at Tony. "So can I just crash here for the night, Tony?" Steve asks.

Tony nods and says, "Might as well. C'mon Capsicle," Tony claps Steve on the back, "I'll show you to one of the spare rooms- you too Legolas. Could you give Audrey a room Bruce?"

Bruce nods. "Sure, Tony."

Tony nods back and leads Barton and Steve up the stairs to a room. Bruce looks over at me and says, "Well, shall we?"

I smile. "Yes we shall."

About half an hour an hour after Bruce had showed me to a room, I had unpacked the few things I had and also given some new clothes (thanks to Tony going through the old clothes Pepper didn't want any more). I decided to go take a shower since I hadn't had one in a while and after that, I tossed out the clothes I had been wearing (except for the jacket) and changed into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I tied my semi damp hair back into a pony tail and thought about going to go explore the Tower, but I had already plopped down onto my bed and I did not want to move. I hadn't had a bed in years and this one was so comfy...and I was so tired....and....and.....and....

I passed out on the very comfortable bed, getting the best night's sleep I've had in a long time.