In Waters Green Prolouge

Many thanks to Kerby, for reading it first and ending the conversation with "Cool. . ."

It has assured me that this might be a promising start. 

_*_*_*_*_

In Waters Green 

Prologue

It wasn't a night for going out, Not unless you had to.

Sharp tunnels of wind whistled and shrieked around every corner. Trees bowed and shook and broke. Rain splattered viciously down at the pavements.

Out at sea, it was even worse. On the water, the storm had turned swells into walls the size of flag towers. Waves splashed rapidly at the nearest shores, like a huge rabid herd of hideous-looking beasts from the wild.

Anyone who knew about the secret of the sea knew this meant one explanation: The King Neptune was angry.

And anyone brain-sick or brave enough to be out on such a dark and stormy night might have seen two figures in the distance, far out at sea, on a part where no one is safe. A man leaned out from his fishing boat, calling to a woman in the sea water below him.

"Take it. Take it and never lose it." The woman pleaded. Her tears streamed down on her face.

"What is it?" The man called back, shouting to be heard over the thunderous waves.

The woman shook her head "I cannot hear a word from you!" She tried to swim closer, she addded "When it is safe again, find me."

"But how?!" He called, panic rushing inside faster and faster; hitting him as hard as the waves that were now dragging them further and further apart.

"The necklace!" He thought he heard her say, and then she added "There's magic in it!"

The way she said it seemed like blurry water that will never be clear. In other words, he did not understand. Question marks flowed around his mind. The man thought about what he is leaving, and the pain of it slapped against him harder than the next wave.

"Don't forget - "

The waves washed her question away, but he knew what she meant. "Everything will be okay. I'll look after them," He yelled "Everything. Don't worry! They will be alright. I'll make sure they don't find out about the secret. Go now! Before it's too late." The words 'too late'  echoed inside the woman's head. She nodded but didn't look convinced.

The man hesitated and glanced at the parcel that the woman gave him. It was wrapped in a wet white cloth and secured with a soggy rope. He gave a deep breath and sailed away at last.

A moment later, the onlooker would have seen them part, each dissapearing behind the hills and mountains of the raging sea. Then they would have wondered if they'd imagined the whole thing, because surely no one would go out on a night like this.

Not unless they had to.