Chapter 5

I was enjoying my sleep when I felt something misty on my face. I groaned and opened my eyes. Bradleigh stood near my side of the bed with a spray bottle in her hand. I flipped her off and closed my eyes again. Bradleigh returned to spraying me, so I rolled onto my side. I tried ignoring her, to no avail. I reached for a pillow to throw at her, but my hand rested on something hard and warm. My eyes shot open, and I jolted to an upright position. The first thought I had was "OH MY GOD THERE'S A CREEPER IN MY BED!" but I relaxed when I remembered that Colby came over last night. I breathed a sigh of relief and turned to face Bradleigh. She had her arms crossed over her chest, and her eyebrow was raised.

"What?" I asked innocently. I knew what she was getting at, but I decided to use the cutesy way out. Bradleigh just shook her head and walked out. I knew that if it were anybody other than Colby she wouldn't have given up. I sighed and rested my head back on the pillow. I heard footsteps coming into the room and looked up to see Bradleigh walking in with a glass of water. I jumped out of bed.

"I'm up!" I yelled frantically.

Bradleigh started laughing. "This isn't for you. It's for Colby." She knelt down beside his side of the bed. She gently lifted his hand and set it in the glass of water.

"No!" I shouted. I ran over and pulled his hand out of the water.

"What? Why not?" she questioned in an irritated tone.

"Because he's in my bed. That would be gross! I don't want Colby's bodily fluids staining my sheets!" Realization dawned on her face. I sighed. "I have a better way to wake him up." I grabbed the spray bottle and switched the setting from spray to stream.

"What are you doing? Spray has better coverage." She pointed out.

"I know that, but stream has better aim and force." I explained. I squinted and aimed it at Colby's sleeping face. This is where the many games of Halo and Black Ops come in handy. I pointed the bottle at his nose and was about to spray when Bradleigh interrupted me.

"Wait a sec." She grabbed a nearby pen and nudged his mouth open slightly.

Jeez, this guy is a deep sleeper, I thought.

She held the glass of water over his mouth and nodded at me. "Ready."

"Uh, Bradleigh. We don't want to kill him." I said hesitantly.

"Pssh. He plays water polo. He can handle it... I think... On the count of three." She said. I nodded and prepared myself. "1...2...3..." She whispered. I pressed down on the trigger while Bradleigh tilted the glass. Water filled Colby's nose and mouth. He awoke and started spluttering.

"Wakie wakie!" Bradleigh yelled cheerily.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Colby shouted. Bradleigh shrugged and sauntered out of the room. She gave me a devilish grin before disappearing down the hallway. I turned to see Colby glaring at me.

"Oh lighten up," I said while handing him a couple of tissues. Colby stood up and wiped his face. He walked towards the balcony and sighed.