Terra's eyes widened in confusion and anger. Her eyes glowed a bright yellow and the pebbles and ground shook around her, "No...!"

Slade stepped forward, pushing Starfire back behind him. "Yes, Terra. Now join me. You remember how we ruled together, don't you? We controlled the whole city. We were best power couple there would ever be. I trained you to control your powers, and now you will repay the favor. Join us," he motioned to Starfire and himself, "and regain what once was yours."

The ground stopped shaking. She could return to Slade, be his apprentice once again. She could control everything. But it wasn't right. And Starfire knew that, but it was deep down, covered by everything Slade had taught her. Terra would never join him. She had made that mistake before, and she was going to make sure it never happened again.

She shook her head fiercely, "I will never join you."

Slade's eye widened in anger, "Then you will perish just like the Titans will."

Terra's face turned to horror. The Titans... They were in trouble. She had to warn them, she had to tell them she was sorry! That she was sorry for everything, the bretayal, the shock. But mostly, she had to apologize to Beast Boy. She broke his heart.

"No, Slade. You won't destroy the Titans because you'll be fighting against five of them. Robin, Raven, Cyborg, Beast Boy... and me."

Slade laughed, "You really think that they will take you back? You betrayed them, Terra. They will never trust you again."

Terra held back tears. He was right but she couldn't believe it, she just couldn't. "I'll make them. And when I do, Slade, you better run, because you'll have nowhere to hide."

***

Terra ran as fast as she could to the tower, in and out of the shadows. She had to skip class. School wasn't important right now. If Slade had his way, there would be no more school to mope about. No more freedom, no more fun. When she arrived at the edge of the water, she made a pathway, clinging rocks together. She finally reached the island of the Titans and banged on the door. "Hey! Hey, open up! Guys!!"

No one answered. She quickly pulled her hair into a pony tail, in case what she needed to do got messy. She used her powers, her eyes glowing bright yellow, to carry herself on a large boulder to the roof of the tower. Once up there, she looked around. Finally she found the door which led into the main hallway in the tower. She simply walked in. "Wow, for Cyborg being all techy and whatnot, their security isn't all that good."

She ran down the hallway skidding at some stops to look into their bedrooms. No one was there, so they had to be in the main room. She ran as fast as ever. She remembered the tower as clear as day and easily found the room. She bounded in, panting and wheezing for air when she got there. Beast Boy's eyes bulged out of his head and he dropped his controlling that he was using to beat Cyborg at a racing video game.

"Terra?"

The others automatically looked up. Robin was no longer interested in the articles about Slade which lay on the kitchen table. Raven looked up from her book, just to widen her eyes in what seemed like rage and fury. And Cyborg dropped his controller and looked serious. Obviously, Beast Boy was the only one that seemed happy to see Terra again. To him, it was like nothing had ever happened.

"What are you doing here?"

She panted some more, hunched over, staring at the ground. Finally she got the air she needed and she took a deep breath. She looked at the ground solemly while she spoke. "I know that, you can never trust me again. I hurt you." She looked at Beast Boy much longer than she needed to, but then turned away and glanced at everyone else. "All of you. But Starfire's in trouble and I want to help."