Runaway

Robin ran to Starfire's room to tell her Slade's plan.

"Starfire! Starfire, open up!" He banged on the door, but it wouldn't open. She must've locked it from the inside. Maybe she was sleep?

Robin picked the lock and ran inside. But she wasn't there. "Starfire?"

The windows were open and the curtains flew against the wind as much as they could. On her desk in the far left hand corner, was a note. Robin picked it up and began to read it.

"Dear Robin,

I am beginning to understand the position that our dear friend, Terra, was in. She could not control herself. Slade had been controlling her. If Slade wants me, then I must obey. I do not want to hurt you or any of the Titans. But doing so, must mean Slade must have his way. Please do not come after me. Once I am there, I will try to attack and be victorious. But I cannot promise anything. Robin, you are right. The Titans are my family now and one must protect their family from any harm or threat.

Love,

Starfire

I'm sorry."

Robin's jaw became hard and he clenched it to keep from screaming. Starfire was gone and there was a large chance that she might not come back. She was brave but she was also bullheaded. She couldn't do this alone no matter how hard she tried. And she knew that too, but she had to keep trying to destroy Slade so that her family would never be hurt again.

Robin's transmitter sounded. "Robin," Cyborg's voice was urgent and excited, "We've thought of an idea."

Robin sighed heavily and grabbed the note. He walked slowly down the hall to the main room. He needed to find Starfire, no matter what the stakes. She was his best friend. And he wouldn't lose her.

The automatic doors flung open as Robin neared them. The main room was dim, until he turned the lights on. Cyborg was jumping happily up and down next to Beast Boy who was doing the same, except that he was an actual kangaroo. Raven waited by the counter where she usually meditated.

"Robin!" Beast Boy had turned back into himself and hopped over in front of Robin. "We have got the perfect plan! ok, so-"

Robin cut him off by holding the note up to his nose. Beast Boy stopped jumping and read it. His smile was immediatley turned into a solemn frown. "No," he said glumly.

Cyborg was serious now too. "What?" he asked, curious about the letter. He read it out loud this time so that Raven could hear it too. "No, Star."

Raven's eyes fell to the floor and she shook her head wearily.

Robin put the note on the counter and clenched his hands into fists. "We need to find her. She's going to get hurt."

They all nodded. "Now, where is Slade hiding?"