15

"Maksim, Emma!" A woman shouted and cameras were flashing. "Are you and Artem going through divorce!?" A man chimed in.

We were still sitting in the carriage that was taking us to our hotel, still embracing as if we were lovers instead of friends, still with our lips glued to one another and my hands firmly around his neck, his around my waist.

We broke away from each other as cameras flashed even more. We were in trouble, these moments were supposed to be private and I didn't think anyone would recognize us so easily like that. We shouldn't have been embracing in an open vehicle like this, with no doors to hide us from the world of paparazzi.

Maks slipped the driver money to pay for the distance we were able to travel and grabbed our luggage. We ran across the street and into a shop where Maks angrily arranged over the phone for a cab to pick us up and take us the rest of the way. He also payed the shop owner to keep the paparazzi out until the cab discretely picked us up in the back of the building.

"I am so sorry." Was all Maks could say. He hit the wall with his fist and the shop owner tensed up.

The cab driver couldn't have come at a better time, we were seconds away from being kicked out because of Maks unable to control his outbursts.

We drove to the hotel, checked in and through a favor with who Maks knew he changed our reservation to different names so no one would know we were here.

He angrily sat down on the bed in our suite, afraid that he had let me down.

"Maks." I said "stop, stop letting this get to you, if they decide to put that in the headlines, so be it, this is our trip remember, lets take some deep breaths and lets call Artem and the boys, I want to speak to them and I owe it to Artem to tell him that our marriage is over."

"Do you really have enough trust in us to end your marriage?" He asked trying to hide the happiness in his eyes.

"I do." I kissed him "I have never felt happier, in my entire life than this moment here, with you right now. You are so thoughtfully romantic and you care for me so much, everything you have ever done for me has been done from your heart and I don't know how else to repay you besides admitting to you and to my heart that you have been missing from me all along.."

I watched as his face turned into pure admiration.

"..and I love you." I started to cry.

Maks couldn't help himself he pulled me down onto the bed with him and we began to kiss, first slowly and then all at once. We were alone in our own little world, he grabbed my waist and pulled me in closer. I tugged at his shirt before he flung it off and onto the floor. He then pulled off the dress that I was wearing and continued to undress the rest of himself. I wanted this more than anything, I wasn't thinking about anything but finally acting on the feelings I so desperately was fighting for many years.

Afterwards, we laid there under the sheets, unable to breathe and not believing what we had just done. A part of him kept looking up into the depths of the ceiling in wonder of whether or not he took things too far and ruined what we had.

I looked over to him and his eyes immediately darted in my direction.

"Smile." I said to him "I still love you."

He looked at me intensely for a few moments before the corners of his lips turned upwards.

"It's time to make a phone call." I said for once not being filled with worry. Something told me that the Artem that I just left in New York would understand.