Chapter 5: Lifting the Curse

I woke up again, this time it was nearly morning, I looked at Barbossa, he was still asleep with a smile on his face.

I can't wait till the curse is lifted!

I laid back down and snuggled against him, breathing in the familiar scent of rum and sea water. 

"Nothing will ever seperate us." I whisper before getting out of the bed.

I snuck over to the other cabin only to find the door locked.

Of course it's locked you idiot, Elizabeth doesn't have anyone to protect her.

I went back to our cabin and found that Barbossa was just waking up, so I went over to him.

"Good morning." I smiled down at him.

"Good morning Sylvia." he smiled back.

For the first time in ten years I felt that tingly feeling all over, if you'll remember I described it before as "melting".

"This be the day." his smile got bigger as he got out of bed, picked me up and swung me in a little circle then put me down again.

"What day?" I asked with a lopsided grin.

"The day we be liftin' the curse." Barbossa was very cheerful this morning.

"What's the first thing your going to do when it's gone?" I asked eagerly.

"I'm gonna eat a whole bushel of apples!" he laughed.

I grinned, feeling my heart beat faster, I was so glad he was happy.

I went over to Elizabeth's cabin and knocked, "Elizabeth it's me, please open the door."

When she let me in, there was a mischivous smile on her face, "You didn't come back last night."

"Elizabeth Swann, how dare you think such a thing!" I exclaimed, knowing what she was thinking.

"I was just commenting, there's no need to get mad." Elizabeth pretended to be hurt.

"For you information, I was so glad to see Barbossa that I cried really hard and passed out, since you had your door locked he had to let me stay there." I told my friend.

The thing about the door probably isn't true, but she doesn't need to know that, she'll just keep teasing me.

"Anyway it's time to go." I informed her.

"Oh." she suddenly looked frightened.

"It's alright Elizabeth, I won't let him hurt you." I comforted.

"Thanks." she smiled slightly and walkout out onto the deck with me following.

Elizabeth stood while Barbossa put the necklace on her, then we got into skiffs and rowed ino a huge cave, my eyes opened wide as I saw a huge mound of gold with a stone chest sitting ontop.  Barbossa Elizabeth and I climbed to the top and Barbossa called down to his men, "Gentlemen the time has come!  Our torment is nearin' it's end!  Fer ten years we've been tested and tried and each man here has proved his mettle a hundred times and a hundred times again!  Punished we were, the lot of us, disproportionate to our crimes!  Here it is..." he kicked the lid of the stone chest, Elizabeth and I jumped back, "the cursed treasure of Cortez himself.  Every last piece that went astray we have returned, save fer this!" he pointed at the piece Elizabeth was wearing, "Who among us has paid the blood sacrafice owed to the heathen gods, and who's blood must yet be paid? "

He made Elizabeth lean over the chest, then he ripped the medallion from her neck and placed it in her right hand, then he took a knife out of the chest and made a cut in the same hand.

"That's it?" she sounded hopeful.

"Waist not." was all Barbossa said, before squeezing her hand shut and holding it over the chest.

The medallion came out of Elizabeth's hand covered in her blood and fell in with the others, while we examined her wound all the pirates stood quietly waiting for the curse to be lifted.  Finally one of them asked, "Did it work?"

"I don't feel no different." a pirate I had heard was called Ragetti commented.

"How do we tell?" another called Pintel asked.

Barbossa took out his pistol and shot him in the chest, he just stood there, another pirate pointed out that he wasn't dead and Pintel nodded happily then he looked up at Barbossa, "He shot me!"

"It didn't work, the curse is still upon us!" a pirate said angrily.

Barbossa looked at the blood on the knife and turned to Elizabeth, "You, your father, what was his name?  Was your father William Turner?"

So Will's the one they're looking for!

"No." Elizabeth said defiently.

"Where's his child?" Barbossa took her by the shoulders and shook her, "Where's the child in who's veins flow the blood of William Turner?  Where?"

When Elizabeth didn't answer he back handed her across the face and she fell down the back of the pile.

"Barbossa you didn't have to be so rough with her!" I scolded.

"She wouldn't talk!" he was very angry.

This curse is turning him into a monster!

The crew thought that Barbossa had made a bad decision, they all stepped menacingly toward the pile, Barbossa and I both pulled out our swords.

"If there be anyone here that want's ta challenge me let him speak!" Barbossa twirled his sword.

"I say we cut her throat and spill all her blood, just in case!" a pirate growled.

Barbossa looked behind us at the bottom of the pile and saw that Elizabeth was gone.

"The medallion, she's taken it!  Find her!" he yelled.

All the men scattered to look for Elizabeth, Barbossa and I followed the biggest group and found them talking to Captain Jack Sparrow!

"How the blazes did you get off that island?" Barbossa asked him.

"When you marooned me on that forsaken spit of land you forgot one thing mate, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow." he smiled.

"Ah, well I won't be makin' that mistake again.  Gents you'll all remember Cap'n Jack Sparrow." Barbossa mocked and said quietly, "Kill 'im."

When Barbossa walked away, all guns pointed at Jack.

"The girls blood didn't work did it?" Jack sounded smug.

He was watching?

"Hold yer fire!" Barbossa said grudgingly, then he walked back over to Jack, "Ye know who's blood we need?"

"I know who's blood you need." Jack smiled.