extended summary

extended summary: 

"You know, sometimes starting over isn't just an option. Sometimes it's your only option."

Taylor's been the O'Donnells' best-kept secret for the entire seventeen years of her existence. And she's fed up with it. So when the opportunity presents itself for her to run away, she seizes it without a second thought—and drives the seven hours it takes to get to her cousin Devon's apartment in California. But there's one incredibly unanticipated problem in Taylor's grand plan: Derek Quinn.

He's arrogant, overconfident, irritatingly attractive, and to Taylor's immense disappointment, Devon's best friend. But the thing about Derek is, even though he has the ability to push every single one of Taylor's buttons in one go, he makes her feel like she's doing something right.  And if the two of them are forced to interact on a daily basis, those arguments are bound to take a turn for the best somewhere... right? 

But you can only run from your past for so long. It catches up to you eventually. 

a/n:

I am currently editing/slightly rewriting this book. Because I don't want to make an entirely new novel with the same title, plot, etc., I will be editing this chapter by chapter. Basically, I'll stick to the same events, but I'll be tweaking the writing and dialogue, and hopefully making it a lot better. The new chapters will be written in past tense. 

I also unpublished all the unedited chapters. I did that mainly because even though I forewarned every new reader at the end of each edited chapter (that the unedited chapters wouldn't make sense with the edited ones), people would comment that the plot was messy. I'm sorry if you were halfway through reading the unedited chapters, but I felt like I needed to do this. For all intents and purposes, this book is technically completed. 

Anyway, if you're rereading Running Away, tell me whether the editing is helping or not. And if you're a new reader, tell me what you think.