Chapter Thirteen

I ran barking orders to my hunting group as we spread out to surround the doe and her fawn. I ran in the lead as I was in charge of this hunt with Leo on the other side of the two deer. "Matt, close in from behind. Cliff, nip their heels. Rocky, Bush, start closing in on the sides. Leo and I will stop them up ahead."

I dashed ahead and spun around snarling with Leo beside me. The doe tried to spin around, but Mat got them to keep moving forward. Leo leaped at the fawn as I dove for the doe's neck. Her eyes grew wide with fear as I gripped her throat in my powerful jaws. The other wolves leaped at her, scraping and biting her sides.

The taste of blood started to flood my mouth as the doe started to fall to the ground. Several spasms followed, but she soon became still along with her fawn next to her.

"Good work, Alphas. Now let's get these back to the village for the other wolves." We started to drag the prey back through the Golden Forest and to the village.

After we dropped off the prey, Leo and I ran off to the Hot Springs to meet the others for our break. Everyday we would meet with our friends at our afternoon break and after work was completed.

It was great to be close to my friends like I had always been since I was younger. When you made friends with wolves in your pack, you usually stayed friends. And that was definitely the case for us. But we did have to spend a little bit less time together since we had our Alpha duties.

Everyone was already in the clearing except for Molly. Seeing me looking around as we entered the clearing, Lucy called out, "Molly went after a rabbit again. She'll be back in a minute." I nodded understanding that Molly couldn't resist good prey.

Just then Molly came trotting into the clearing with a white and black rabbit hanging limply from her jaws. Molly had become a hunter soon after Leo and I did.

"Who's hungry?" She asked through a mouthful of rabbit.

Brian jumped up at this, his tail wagging furiously. "I do!"

Molly swatted him with her tail. "You're always hungry."

Brian slumped down. "But I am." Molly dropped the rabbit in front of him, making Brian jump up and gobble it down in seconds.

"Hog." Molly whispered. I chuckled with Molly while Brian looked at her like she was a weirdo. This made us laugh even harder.

"How are you guys doing so far as hunters?" Leonardo asked Leo and I.

"It's pretty good. It's kind of cool being a lead hunter, too." I said.

Lucy nodded in understanding since she knew how it was, being a lead hunter herself.

"Well, are we just going to stand here, or are we going to get in?" I asked with a smirk. "Last one in is a pile of bones!" I screamed running towards the hot spring.

"You always say that," I heard Lucy yell at me.

As I jumped into the water, I turned around yelling back, "I know."

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

I stalked through the Golden Forest with Leo by my side searching the undergrowth for prey.
For the last few days, Alpha has been making us work together without any other wolves. But I think it's because more wolves were needed to teach the omegas at Omega School and the Alphas at Alpha School.

And I wasn't upset about working with Leo. He was fun and serious at the same time. He was just a great wolf to be around.

Leo stopped, and I turned to see him in a hunter's crouch. I sniffed the air, catching the scent of a Thrasher on the breeze.

Leo stalked forward, and I followed closely behind. In a tiny clearing was a small brown Thrasher pulling a worm out of the ground.
Leo pressed himself close to the ground, ready to pounce when a scent suddenly hit my nose.

"Stop!" I yelled, throwing myself onto Leo's back. He fell to the ground in surprise. The bird flew away at the sudden noise in the undergrowth.

"Kate, get off of me!" He screamed furious. Leo kicked and clawed at me to get off of his back. I stayed where I was for a few more moments before backing off.

Leo immediately turned on me. "What was that for?!" He screamed at me, baring his fangs. He must have noticed the fear in my eyes at one of my best friends threatening me because he relaxed and became gentle. "Hey, I didn't mean that. Look, just why did you jump on me when I was about to catch that bird?"

I swallowed and tried to speak but nothing came out. My throat was dry and my breaths came out raspy and quick. "I smelled something. Weird but familiar. Two wolves. I knew both of them. But I just can't place who they were."

Leo looked thoughtfully at me when rustling came from the bushes on the other side of the clearing.

A small dark gray wolf with bright yellow eyes jumped out of the bushes and landed in a fighting stance. She growled at me and Leo even though we were behind the bushes. I definitely knew the young wolf but the wolf that came after her I knew all too well.

"Well hello, Kate," Stacy smirked at me. I bared my teeth at her, but I stood my ground. Dart kept on growling at us, her hostile eyes darting from one of us to the other.

Leo took a step forward with his fangs bared, but I held him back. As Alphas, we weren't allowed to kill or harm another pack mate. In fact, no wolf in the pack could kill or injure another. We would lose our Alpha titles and be exiled out of the pack forever.

"What are you doing here, Stacy?" I asked bitterly.

"Hunting, like I can't do that because the all mighty Alphas will get it for me." She said in a mocking voice. "Yeah right. Look, I may have not become an Alpha but that doesn't mean I'm weak like you, runt." I just wanted to rip her throat out and tear it to shreds. I hate Stacy. I hate her! I hate her! I hate her!

Stacy raised her lip to reveal her teeth, but I didn't do so much as flinch. If she threatened me, she could get into just as much trouble, probably even more with her history, as I would if I threatened her.

Stacy must have realized this because she backed down and turned away to walk back through the forest.

Dart got up but didn't follow her sister. "You're the reason my sister isn't an Alpha. Stay away from both of us, or you will pay." Dart growled before running after her big sister.

Leo and I stood there, our fangs still bared at the space where the brat of a wolf had stood in front of us moments ago.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Hey, what's up? So, how many of you hate Stacy as much as Kate? And do you think Stacy and Dart are out for revenge? Hmmm...well, we will just have to wait and see. Also, the Alphas hunt for the pack since there are many wolves that can't hunt for themselves. So, the Alphas hunt prey and bring it back to the village for the omegas and other wolves. See ya! Ask questions and comment. :)