Chapter 2

"Do you have any brothers or sisters?" Angie asked, clearly interested.

"I have an older sister. Her name is Petunia."

"What year is she?"

"Oh, she isn't a witch. I'm the only witch in my family." I answered.

"Your Muggle-born?" Angie asked curiously. I suddenly became very uncomfortable.

"Yeah..." I answered feeling embarrassed

"My mum is muggle-born." She replied happily. I sighed in relief. "My dad is a half-blood. People shouldn't be judged by there blood status though. It makes no difference. It doesn't mean your better or worse than anyone else."

I smiled at her. I was liking her already.

"What kind of owl is that?" Angie pointed towards Beethoven who was sleeping next to me.

"He's a barn owl. His name is Beethoven." She smiled and nodded her head in response.

"Do you have an owl?" I asked.

"I don't have my own owl. My family shares one. He's a Great-Horned Owl. His name is Bobo." Angie rummaged through her bag and took out a picture. It was moving like all of the other pictures in the wizarding world which still confused me. Severus had showed me my first moving picture the day he told me I was a witch. It was a picture of his mum twirling in the snow when she was young.

The picture showed that Bobo was grey, black, and white. He had beautiful feathers and piercing, yellow eyes. It had a curved beak and sharp talons.

"He's beautiful!" I said still looking at the picture.

"Thanks!" replied Angie with a smile.

I returned her smile.

She stood up. "We should probably be getting into our robes." I nodded and pulled out my robe as she did the same.We began heading for the bathrooms at the back of the train.

"Oops!" A boy said, smirking as he knocked someone down. "I didn't see you there!" He started laughing and I realized it was that James boy Severus and I had encountered while boarding the train. His friend, Sirius was laughing along with him.

James was pointing his wand threateningly at Severus. I started to walk up to James but Angie stopped me. "We don't want to get into a fight on the first day."

I broke free of her grip and stormed right up to James not even considering the consequences of getting caught in a fight. I was standing directly between James' wand and Severus.

"Lower your wand." I said directly to James.

He ignored my comment and laughed. "I don't believe we've met properly. I'm James Potter. This is Sirius Black. And you are?"

"Not going to waste my time with you." I said coldly. I heard some 'Ooh!'s from the crowd of other first years that had begun to gather. I rolled my eyes. This isn't even worth watching.

"You're already wasting your time with that slimy-haired Snape boy. So why not waste your time with someone better?" He winked.

"Because you're not better. Hexing people for fun and bullying won't do anything for you except make you look bad. Your nothing but a bully. Come on Severus."

Sev stayed on the ground and reached into his pocket. He pulled out his wand.

"He's not worth getting expelled" I pleaded.

"Fight!" Someone from the crowd taunted. I shot him a glare.

I held out my hand to help Sev but instead of taking it, he got up and stormed off.

"Come on Lily." Angie said pleading.

"Ah, so your name is Lily." James smiled again. I hated that smile.

Then Angie did something very unexpected. She smiled back at James! Then she did something even worse! She waved! That girl is too nice. I pulled Sev's wand out of his hand. "Come on." I said, slightly annoyed. He stood up and I led him out of the small crowd of about ten people away from James ad Severus.

***

We were back in our compartment. We had just gotten changed into our robes. They were actually pretty comfortable. That James boy though...what could have possibly made him such a mean person? Sev never did anything to him. Sev was now sitting in the compartment with us, sulking.

"I could have handled Potter you know." He mumbled.

I made no effort to argue with him.

"I would have disarmed him and I could have been a hero for standing up for myself or something."

"Casting a spell would have only gotten you in trouble." Angie responded.

A knock on our compartment door interrupted the conversation. Outside of the door, stood a girl with curly, black hair and brown eyes. I stood up and opened the door.

"I'm sorry to bother you." She said quickly. "I was just getting changed and someone stole my seat and I didn't know where else to sit so I thought..."

I gave her a welcoming smile. "Come on in."

"I'm Alice Fortescue. I'm a first year here."

"I'm Angela Cooke. This is Lily Evans and Snape."

"Nice to meet you all." Alice sat down. "I cannot wait until we get there!"

"Me either." answered Angie before I could say the same thing.

"What house do you want to be in Angie? I want to be in Hufflepuff. My mum and dad were both in Hufflepuff but both my grandparents were in Gryffindor so I guess either one!" Alice rambled off.

"I want to be in Gryffindor. Both my parents were in Gryffindor." Angie answered "What about you Lily?"

"I don't care." I said honestly.

"What about your parents?" Asked Alice.

"They're muggles" I said shrugging.

"Oh..." Alice looked embarrassed "I'm sorry. I didn't know. I hope I didn't offend you..."

"Not at all." I said with a smile. I had been smiling a lot today.

"Good." Alice said "Some people-" Alice paused and her face lit up when she looked out the window. "Hogwarts!"

Hellloooo people of wattpad! How has your day been? Good? That's good...umm yeah...er...pfft....uhh...bye! :)