Chapter 9

*********************************************************************************************************************

2 Days Later....

*********************************************************************************************************************

  It's the day of Nalija's funeral, and I don't want to get up. I don't want to face the pain and tears of today. But I have to . . .

  I've been hiding out in Aegis' room for the last 2 days, not wanting to face Marceus and everyone else, but I have to come out today. If not for myself, then for Nalija.

  Sighing, I sit up, seeing Aegis standing in his doorway, watching me. I give him, what I hope to be, a small smile, and get out of bed. Going through what used to be my normal morning routine, I get dressed, except this time, when I wear black, it's not because I like this color, but because I'm in mourning.

  "Come on, Csitri," Aegis says,"we don't want to be late." He hugs me as we walk out the door. The Hybrids Academy postponed us moving for a few days so we could hold a proper funeral for Nali. Walking to the central courtyard where everyone was gathered, we stood in the back, not wanting to attract to much attention.

  "Camelia!" I hear someone shout, and I look up to see Marceus running towards me. I look back down, trying to keep my silent tears from falling.

  "You better watch what you say, boy," Aegis whispers, glaring at him,"because she's so fragile right now that even a small wind could brake the glass that her emotions have turned her into."

  "W-what?" Marceus whispers, confused.

  "She knows what you've doe, and what you wished for. That is why she has been hiding from you for 2 days.

  Marceus pales."I--"

  "Aegis." I whisper." Could you please give us a moment alone?"

  "Of course, little one. Call me if you need me." With that, he walks off, still glaring at Marceus.

  "S-so you know, huh?" He whispers brokenly."That I marked you?"

  "Yes, and your thoughts about Nali at the time you did so." I look away, tears threatening to fall."That you wished for Nalija's death.

  "No!" he whisper-yells."I've never wished that, even when he sought to steal you from me..." He trails off."Look, I know I should've asked you before I marked you, but I did not wish for Nali's death. Only that he leave you alone. A-and I know that you only looked at me as a big brother, but I cannot look at you as a sister. I never have, and I never will. I-I have always loved you, Camelia, and my wolf sees you as my mate." He says, pulling me into his arms."I know you're not ready to have a relationship with me or anyone else right now, but please, give me a chance."

  I look up at him, the tears falling freely now."Did Aegis tell you why Nalija was killed?" I whisper." That he was killed because t-the leader of the Fallen sees me as his mate?" Marceus growls at this, pulling me closer."He was almost able to kidnap me, but I got away. Aegis found me, and he sent Zhaiden away. But I wasn't able to save Nali . . ." my voice breaks on the last part, and Marceus pulls me closer, hugging me tightly.

  "It's OK." He whispers."He'll never touch you again fi I can help it."

  I look up at him, tears still flowing."But, Marceus," I say,"I don't want you t-to d-die, or get hurt, o-or even think about g-getting hurt."

  "Then I'll just have to get better at fighting, 'cause I sure as heck ain't gonna let you kick his arse all by yourself, now, will I?" He chuckles when I shove him away, but I can't help the small smile that appears on my face.

  "Ah, there's the Camelia that I know." He chuckles again, 'causing me to shove him away playfully, which he ignores and pulls me into a hug.

  "Now, come on, Cam. We have to say 'Goodbye' to our good friend. He's probably up there somewhere laughing his butt of at us, but that's just Nali." He grins and begins to walk with the rest of the crowd, dragging me along behind him, as Aegis joins us.

  Maybe today won't be as bad as I thought.

**********************************************************************************************************************

sorry that this is so short, but I had to upload something. Hope ya'll enjoyed it. I know I sure did enjoy writing it. Anyway, see ya'll later. Bye

                                                                                  -Steph