Learning ~ The Strange Truth

'Earth?'

'Yes. We believe there is a great threat posing on this planet, that there are forces out there ready to impact on our planet and it's civilisation.'

'Aliens?'

'No, creatures from Earth, but ones that are hidden in the dark, ones that wish to be as dominant as Humans are today.'

Drake thought hard about this. 'How can you be sure?'

'We have been monitoring activity of strange situations since this organisation was formed. When I say organisation, I have to stress that we are not a government company, or even recognised as an organisation. In fact, no one outside the PFT knows it exists.'

'What am I in this situation?'

'Ah, now, I hope that you believe me when I say that this is not a kidnapping situation. I know how... ''persuasive'' some of our agents can be at times like this.' Persuasive's one way to put it! 'I'm sure that Miss Way here has explained the point in your life when an indirect attack was made on you. Before I can explain why, I believe a history lesson is in order. Back before the PTF was formed, there lived a scientist called Gareth Bartholomew Marx. Bart had a theory of how life on Earth began. Now, you must understand that it is not a religious theory, simply an explanation. Bart was religious himself, therefore the theory simply expands the facts of how God created the Earth, or, if you'd rather, how the Earth came to be. It is open to either views.

'But back to the point. This explanation consists of certain energy, otherwise known as cordis, the word for heart. Waves of energy would flow through the very first life forms and create a heartbeat. This theory is called Initium, or ''beginning''.

'Since then, people around the world have been known to posses similar kinds of energy, for example...' He nodded at Miss Bell, she put down her notepad and stood facing Drake. She lifted her hand and light elevated from each finger. The light was lifted into the air several centimetres creating five glowing circles of whiteness, then they faded away and she retook her place beside the desk. Drake was speechless. 'This form of energy is called lux, or light. Don't let its name fool you; it only refers to when light bounces off certain particles of air, giving the illusion of floating.

'You, my friend, are here because you posses a rarer gift, one that hasn't been seen for many centuries now. You assume that your gift takes one form, stopping a heart from beating, but it does so much more. With practice, you could even start hearts that had stopped.' Once Mr Proctor was finished, it was silent for many minutes. Drake didn't know how to react. Basically, he had been told that the reason every life form lived on Earth was the same thing inside him that had killed six people who, by the way, couldv'e been spared if he knew what he was doing. He was shaking he was so scared.

'W-why didn't you you bring me here earlier? All those people...' He started to hyperventilate. Anceline grabbed a chair and sat it behind him. Then she crouched down beside him to calm him down.

'Take your time.' Her voice was so caring, so kind. Nothing like what Drake had experienced earlier. Calming down now, he decided that the people around him would get him through his fear and shock. Anceline nodded and retreated to the others at the side.

Once his breath had been restored, Joshua Proctor answered his question, 'We wanted you to live out your life before we brought you here. Nobody wants to live a life of secrecy and lies.' Anceline looked down; her past was rare, but her life had been as so. 'And you did well, discovering what it does, what makes it happen and how to avoid it. However, with the attack being so precisely placed on you, then your ''disappearance'', we became afraid that you were becoming too vulnerable. The older you got, the more careless and how easily Miss Way could found you pushed us over the edge enough to say that you needed protection.'

In the weirdest way, Drake understood. If someone, or something was after him, he would need all the protection he could get. He didn't know how to get passed this, but he couldn't stop thinking on another matter. I stood back and let all those people die. They could've lived...

'It's not like that. You were young, there was no way you could've controlled it. It's not your fault, Drake.' Domenic Sano broke the silence. He's right, but... Had I said that allowed?

'No, I posses another type of energy, I am animus. It's filter energy, when embedded in the mind, it filters through the mixed brainwaves and added by the knowlage of the brain on thinking, it deduses what is language and translates it matter we can understand.' Wow. It's incredible; and so easy. You don't even have to do anything.

'Again, incorrect. I have to deduce what to listen to and what I hear. But, please, for the benefit of out guests, will you speak out loud from  now on.'

Drake hadn't realised that he'd been answering questions that no one had heard. 'Oh- Sorry!' Nick couldn't help but smile; he was so unfamiliar with the ways here, he had a lot to learn.

'I think we should conclude this meeting and let our new arrival sleep. We've given you a lot to think about, and if we give you anymore tonight, I'm afraid it might be too much. Take it easy; get over your jet lag and try to come to terms with what's happened to you over this last few days. Miss Way will show you to your room.' And with that they left the office. Drake walked out of that door feeling like a new person. Like a new world, like anything was possible. He was astonished and... frightened.

Anceline led him to the green set of stairs on the far left-hand side to the front door. As they went up, they passed a floor with just a corridor and thousands of doors. The next floor was similar, with green walls and black floors. This is, he guessed it, more colour scheming. This meant that green was based here but black would come regularly. He was shown to room 834 and Anceline left him for the night. He didn't go to check the green t-shirts in his drawers; he didn't look at the paperwork on surnames on his desk; he collapsed ina heap on the green bed and burst in to tears. What's happened to reality?