JADES 9

J*A*D*E*(S) 9

Random Tales of Fate

The Fate Series: 1.9

CEEJAY MARIE

This novella is written in a screenplay style where you are privy to everyone's thoughts and words.

This novel is set in a different reality from the one we currently dwell in.

All rights reserved.

-1-synchronicity

Jo and Amy were driving to the beach house. The top-down and Amy was teasing her fingers along Jo's bare thigh. Clad in a pair of cargo shorts and a loose Spiderman tee shirt, her hair a mess as the breeze tussles it further, Amy thought she was adorable. The more time they spent together, Amy felt herself being pulled in two directions.

"You're a tease, Astin," said Jo. She tossed a fervent look at Amy and gave her a lopsided grin. The look Amy returned was the same deep want.

"Get me to that beach house, and I can show you how much of a tease I am, Wheaton," said Amy. Leaning closer and kissed Jo's cheek, and ran her tongue over Jo's jawline.

Jo smiled brightly and goosed the gas pedal down, resisting the urge to turn her head and capture Amy's mouth with her own.

Amy laughed. This was how it was supposed to be. Easy, flirty, fun.

Yet, they always loomed something dangerous or scary on the edge of their lives. Which colored Amy's view and perception, and sadly, it colored her heart.

"Did your dad relent about you moving into the beach house?" asked Amy. Her blonde hair haloed around her as the wind whipped around them.

"He doesn't have much choice. I turned 18," said Jo. Taking a breath and finishing her thought. "When I was away. So, yeah, I can live on my own."

Away.

That was one way of putting it. Jo'd been in a coma, or so they'd thought. Instead, she'd been kidnapped and changed into something–not human and a clone put in her place—later, she'd been killed, and Natalie, their younger magical friend, had brought Jo back to life, and she'd reclaimed her life again.

As a vampire.

Or something like one. But she didn't really know what she was.

Jo insisted on being called a vampire. Yet, she walked in the sunlight, ate regular food, and didn't lust for blood, at least not all the time. She did lust for sex, or maybe, Amy thought, she just lusted after her.

"So you will just up and leave your family?" asked Amy.

Jo turned onto the small dead-end road, drove to the last house, threw the car into neutral, and yanked the hand brake. She turned in her seat and faced Amy. Her eyes narrowed, and staring at Amy with a furrowed brow.

"You know," said Jo. "I'd think you'd enjoy me having a much more private place to be at?" Jo's smile was sweet and teasing.

Amy sighed. Finding Jo's blue-green eyes, which didn't sweep into amber, which occasionally happened, she forgot her point. Amy leaned in, finding Jo's lips and kissing her. Slowly at first, and then more deeply. Jo's firm hands pulled her closer, and Amy scrambled ungracefully to straddle Jo's hips.

Their fingers teased under her shirt and into thick hair. Amy's tongue swept around Jo's fangs and their tongues tangled. Jo was pushing up Amy's shirt when someone next to the car cleared their throat.