Chapter 1

•Sluts With Apples•

I sang in my head while showering. Showering gave me an escape. It's like washing away all my fears and memories; temporarily but almost literally...

I turned off the rusty shower faucet and stepped on the little black rug I bought last summer. I felt a sudden breeze of cool air against my body. I shivered as I patted the water away from my body and put on my undergarments. The set was just a plain nude color. Plain like my heart.

I looked myself in the mirror, observing every part of me. My hair was a dark brown; just a plain brown, nothing special. My eyes are dark brown. Like everyone else. My skin... Something I hate so much about my body was a tan brown color. Not shiny, not smooth and too dark. I think people with fair or darker skin than me is the most beautiful. For fucksakes, even people that has the same skin color as me is also beautiful. I'm not. That's what I've been hearing since freshman year.

'You're so fucking ugly.'

'Piece of shit, you're so fat.'

'Look! It's the cow trampling the hallway. . . WATCH OUT!'

Snapping out of my depressing flashback sessions, I started to put on my uniform. Yes uniform. It was a navy blue colored polo, and tan pants that hugged my legs. To hide the fat that surrounded my arms, I tossed on a baggy black pullover.

I ran downstairs step by step, trying not to miss any steps. I'm not trying to add another bruise to the collection.

"Arizona its 7:03am! Get your ass to school before I kick you all the way there!," My mom told me in a loud voice, regaining her composer, she stats, "I'm just kidding honey, but no seriously go to school. Your almost late."

"O-okay Mom, Jeeze." I said to her as I darted out the doorway, dreading going to school already. School starts 7:20 for me... Shit. It's 7:04am now. And school is 8 minutes away and if I want to get my own time sitting under the bleachers, I'll need to run my ass to school.

I get to school and I realized I made the worst decision ever. The boys were here early... fuck. I cover my face with my hair and tried to walk past them with my back faced towards them. Someone pulled at my backpack and I struggled to get free.

"Where do you think your going, girly?" Luke said to me as he grabbed hold of my hair. Let me go... I saw that Ashton was the one who grabbed for my backpack. Fuck you Ashton.

"To school." I mumbled hoping they wouldn't hear me. Pretty sure they did.

"Speak louder slut. L-O-U-D-E-R. Meaning in a higher volume." Luke said quoting back to the first day we met. Bastard.

"I said... TO FUCKING SCHOOL!" I yelled at them all, mainly towards Luke.

"Grab her!" Michael yelled, I was about to run away until Calum grabbed my arms. Ashton directed where to drag me. Back of the school, of course.

"Listen dipshit, your not gonna yell at us again alright? I thought we went over this already. Did we not break you enough?" Ashton stated, grabbing my wrists and twisted them. I clenched my teeth tight to hold in my misery.

"Lets teach this bitch a lesson." Calum said as he crouched down in front of me and punched me in the stomach.

The boys tackled me. They all punched, kick, and slapped me. But Luke... He made it his job to beat the living shit out of me. Ages went by, I felt like I was dying. The boys stopped after the bell rang. I was officially late and in pain.

"Don't fuck with us again. Understood? Next time, it'll be much worse.," Luke said grabbing my chin forcing me to look him in the eyes. When I didn't respond he slapped me, "I said... Understood?"