Chapter 7

*Jessica’s boutique* 

Two best friends of about a decade sat at about 4 meters away from each other in an atmosphere so tense one could cut it with a knife. Tiffany’s eye-smile was left at home as the girl was nervously glancing at Jessica every x seconds and sighing audibly. Jessica, feigning cluelessness, was not in her usually graceful self as her movements are as about awkward as one would look when first presented with 5-inch heels. After counting about 8 sighs from Tiffany’s side, Jessica decided to break the silence.

“Just spit it out Tiff.”

Tiffany went out of her trance only to see Jessica staring at her. “Huh...what?”

“You’ve been staring and sighing for about 30 minutes already.”

“Oh it’s nothing...just...*sighs*” 

Disappointed and yet too stubborn to show it, Jessica shrugged it off and went back to work, “Suit yourself then.”

After her 20th sigh by Jessica’s count, Tiffany couldn’t take it anymore and timidly walked towards where Jessica sat and poked her gently on her shoulder while pouting, “Yah...Jessie...”

“Yah! Stop pouting or I’ll hit you like what I did to Sooyoung the other day.” Jessica said as she smiled fondly at the memory.

Tiffany looked at everywhere else except for the blonde in front of her, “Well you see...I have this friend...” 

“What about her?”

“I hid something from her when I promised her I’d share her everything...”

“Reaaallyyy? And exactly what did you hide?” Jessica inquired with a raised brow.

“W-w-well...I fell in love with someone-...”

“Just recently? Last time I checked you’re getting married already.” Jessica teased.

“Yah! Stop joking!” Tiffany giggled a bit at Jessica’s lightheartedness but turned serious all of a sudden. “It’s just that I’m so SO scared of hurting you that I just kept on putting it off and now you’re mad at me and now-”

“Woah! Slow down there!” Jessica said in alarm as she noticed Tiffany’s lack of oxygen already. “Deep breaths, one word at a time okay? I’m not going anywhere.”

“I’m really sorry...It’s just that things got out of hand and before I knew it we’re engaged and I haven’t even had the consideration to tell my best friend...Please forgive me?” Tiffany hung her head low to hide her tears.

“Aish! How could I ever possibly stay mad at you for so long?” Jessica said as she pulled Tiffany for a huge hug.

“So you’re not mad at me anymore?”

“Of course not...I honestly don’t see why you’d think that.”

“You avoided me for days! Everyone thought you had feelings for Taeyeon and-”

“I had to sort out what my true feelings are! It’s that I realized that I’m just in love with the prospect of getting married and she seems like the only one available! No one wants me!” Jessica cried out in alarm.

“Why would you think that? You’re the most gorgeous woman I know! Intelligent, creative, not to mention hot, the whole package! For all you know the one who’s perfect for you is right outside that door!”

Right on cue, a familiar figure appeared at the door, “Someone looking for someone perfect?!”

“Sooyoung! What are you doing here?”