Chapter One

<> A/N

Hopefully this will be one of the only A/Ns. Thank you so much for voting on this and leaving comments <3 <>
<> Piper's POV <>
"Sir, yes Sir!" I saluted to Eric, my Lieutenant. Me and my peers marched up the hill, hoping to find the Community.  The wretched Community, as Eric called them, were fools that run from the law. Eric was always trying to convince us of things, always trying to tell us how bad the Community was and how stupid they all were. Truly,  I didn't believe it. To my knowledge they didn't really do anything except from run away from the system. The system that is so very corrupt that they won't even let people leave their own cities. The system that is so very corrupt that they let people die of starvation. The system that let people get poorer and poorer until they had nothing left. The system where they had all control over you. But, I couldn't join them, help them, or leave the army, this is just who I had to be. To survive I had to fight against the poor and side with the wealthy. Once I left the army, I might as well just drop dead, because I know I'll eventually get assassinated.  There are so many cases of assassination in the world that it's no longer a surprise. The head of the army would always look down upon the ones who left, "Cowards" he would call them. "Cowards who need to die if they cannot deal with serving." he would say. The last thing you would hear is "Coward", then the hired gun would shoot you down, thinking nothing of it. They were trying to make it a law, which did eventually happen. Cowardliness leads to execution.

We marched up the half of the hill and stopped. I turned back to Eric to see the biggest smile on his face then looked forward, there was a huge opening in the hill surrounded by trees and plants. "Permission to go in, sir?" my peer asked. Eric's smile turned into an evil one, "Of course." We all marched in, taking some people that  were standing around as hostage. One screamed out,"Help!" but then instantly, the one grabbing on to the community member shot them in cold blood. My heart sunk and I looked over at the shooter with terror in my eyes, it was Eric. They all pushed passed me as I marched on, my peers raided the base and lined up all of the members, making sure they were on their knees.

I sighed as I saw all of them, they were dirty and obviously scared, many of them crying. One of my peers, Tony, yelled in one of their ears, making them flinch, "Which one of you is the leader?!" My other peers joined in,"Come on! Be the brave one and stand up!" "Tell me!" "Fools!" "What 'cha gonna do now? Run?" Then eventually one of them stood up, making some other followers gasp and cry out to her. She had short, blue hair and a sleek outfit that fit her well. She spoke up in the most beautiful voice,"I'm what you may call a 'Leader'. They immediately grabbed her and pulled her so she was standing up, then started pulling her away from the room. Some people cried out to her but shut up once Eric but his gun to their head. I walked after the Leader as help to my peers. She started struggling once we left the bunker. I wanted to help her but I couldn't. She looked back at me with fear in her eyes, I wanted to return the look but instead I just looked away. I mustn't show sympathy.