Chapter 5

Olympus was nothing like Thea had imagined. Disney had ruined her concept of what it should look like. She expected clouds and pillars in the sky atop a large mountain. Instead, she found herself standing in a beautiful field, wildflowers blooming everywhere with no buildings or pillars in sight.

 She stepped out of Hermes’ embrace. "Are you sure we're on Olympus? I thought it was meant to be a mountain?"

"Olympus isn't just a mountain, Thea. It's a realm. This is where the Gods live."

"But there are no temples or anything..."

"Temples are for worshippers, not Gods. We do have homes but many of the Gods prefer to live outdoors. We find the confinement of modernised buildings suffocating. Apollo's one of those Gods."

"Apollo?" Thea looked around.

"Yes, the God of the Sun." Hermes voice grew louder as if speaking to someone else. "He is hiding so he can check you out."

A voice behind Thea made her jump. "Aw come on, Hermes, why do you always ruin my fun? Don't you think he's a spoilsport, lovely Lissandre?"

Thea spun around, wondering who the velvet voice belonged to. A large man stood behind her and when Thea thought large, she meant built of muscle. Hermes was muscular but he was leaner than this guy. His blonde hair was pulled back from his face in a small ponytail, blue eyes twinkling in the light. His skin was tanned from days in the sun and he obviously had no qualms about his appearance, wearing a chiton which hung from his waist and covered his very powerful looking thighs.

Thea recalled Hermes mentioning that Apollo liked pretty faces and the leer on his face confirmed his identity.

"My name is Thea," she said warily. "Judging from the leer on your face you must be Apollo."

His smile faltered. He looked past her to Hermes. "Have you been talking about me Hermes?"

"Only that you like pretty faces. I'd daresay she's figured you out already."

Apollo looked back to Thea, face resigned."Then I guess you won't be falling for my charms."

Thea shrugged. "Sorry, but I think that's a definite no."

Sighing, Apollo leaned forward and kissed her on the cheek before she could protest. "Such a shame. You were always a conquest I wished to make. it would seem even this time round I'm doomed to failure."

Not sure what to say, Thea simply said, "Sorry."

"Don't apologise, my lovely. Who knows? In time you may change your mind."

Thea took a step back, concerned at the determination that flared in his eyes. Her back hit Hermes’ chest and his hands came up to rest on her shoulders. "Stop scaring her, Apollo, she's been traumatised enough in the last few days. She doesn't remember anything about us so she's unfamiliar with your...charms."

Apollo looked surprised. "Really? Nothing at all?"

"No, that's why I bought her here. I need help explaining who she is." Thea could hear the impatience in Hermes voice as his breath fanned the back of her neck.

"Ah, grew impatient, didn't you?" Apollo grinned and slung his arm around Thea's shoulder, pulling her away from Hermes. "Our Hermes isn't known for his patience. Of course when it comes to you he never did have much to begin with."

Thea let Apollo drag her away."Yes, I already know he hates me."

Hermes jaw tensed and he looked away. Apollo chuckled. "Hate is an understatement, my lovely. He loathed her, extensively. You and Aphrodite did quite a number on him."