Chapter 2.

Chapter 2.

*****

I sighed as I shut the car's backdoor and my dad put my suitcases in the guards' hands. He came over to me and smiled as he put his hand on my shoulders.

"Look at you... all grown up and on a lone mission." He said.

"It's not my first, Daddy." I rolled my eyes.

"That's why it's so hard to believe. See you next month. Be careful, alright?" He kissed my forehead.

This happened every time I had a mission, he acted like I was moving away or something. Maybe it was because of my siblings - well one of them, or my mom.

"I will." I smiled at him.

He gave me a hug before telling me to be careful again as he climbed into his black Bentley and then drove off.

"Alright, Aria -" Kendall began.

"Jessica." I cut him off giving him a smile.

Every guard that worked at this palace already knew who I was; they worked at out agency, most of them level one, so entry levels who knew the basics.

"Right. Jessica," He smiled and with that he began to explain more about what the file I had read over hinted at. Maximilian's every-day movements, who his best friends were, his favourite girls to mess with, his favourite cousin, which of his brothers he preferred to hang out with most, his favourite food and a bunch of other details he thought 'necessary'. By the end of it, I was just nodding barely listening as we reached the palace's massive oak doors.

"Hey, Ken." I finally cut him off. He looked at me. "I think I know enough about him now." I laughed. He chuckled as did the other guard, Jessie.

"Believe me, you don't." Jessie patted my shoulder as she frowned. I groaned.

"Let's just..." I knocked twice before the door was pulled open when I was about to knock again. "Arthur." I smiled at another of our guards.

"Ah, Jessica, how I've missed you." I shot Kendall a look and he rolled his eyes. I hadn't even spoken to Arthur and he had the name down already. "The King and Queen await your presence in the living room. I'll show you to your room when you're done making their acquaintance."

I nodded and followed him to a massive living room where the Queen sat drinking some tea and the King paced slightly with a mild frown on his face. The queen's blond hair was tied back in a neat bun and I instantly caught her green eyes as they moved from the book in her hand to me. She gave a friendly smile and I returned a polite one. She looked young... probably a lot younger than she was. The king, however, didn't really bother hiding his age. His hair was grey, combed back neatly, and his icy blue eyes were framed by wrinkles.

"You must be Jessica." He spoke.

I gave a bow nodding my head. "Yes, your Majesty." I said.

"Please, if you are going to be working here, Magnus." He said, "This is my wife, Elsa." He motioned to her as she stood up. I gave her a bow as well, "If I may, you look a little young..." he drifted.

"That's just so that she blends in at school, Sir. She is one of our best intermediate agents." Arthur said. Intermediate. Another reason I so desperately wanted to do the third test, the word made me sound like a rookie... It was used to describe people on their 2nd level.

"I trust your word, Arthur. Well, we have a meeting to get to. We will probably be seeing you at dinner, Jessica. For now, Max should be home soon, I trust you know what to do?" The king looked at me.