submission #26

For the friends-Never let them leave sad. I don't care if they're not crying or if they don't have a frown or something like that. Never let them leave sad, because for all you know that could've been the worst day of their life and that may be the night it ends. 

Never tell them you understand. You don't understand. It doesn't matter if you've been through something similar. You don't what's going through their head and you don't know how they're taking. You don't understand and you never will. 

For the family- It's the same for you as it is for the friends, but there is more. If they tell you about something, listen. It hurts so much to be ignored. To tell someone about this problem you're going through and specifically tell them how they can help and still be ignored is horrible. It makes you feel worthless, even if you didn't before. Listen to them, it's not that hard. 

Never let them cry themselves to sleep. Go to them and help them at least stop crying. Crying yourself is a horrible feeling. 

Don't abandon them. Do not look at them if they are some freak on the street. Try to help them and make them feel like there is something worth staying for, even if there's not. Don't let them leave.