Chapter 4

*Spencer's POV*

The day went by very quickly. It was already 2:30 and I had my first appointment in 5 minutes. There wasn't anyone here though. As I waited, I started preparing the work for tomorrow. I was just about to finish it when I heard foot steps coming through the door.

*Toby's POV*

I finished work and drove to the school. I didn't bother going home with Lily because we would have to drive back after 10 minutes. When I got Lily from the playground, we say in the car. I brought her favourite doll with me and a chocolate bar, to keep her occupied. Lily wouldn't leave her doll in the car so she brought it back in to the school with her. That thing is attached to her hip. We had to wait outside the class until the other people came out. Lily just sat on my knee talking to her doll. She's just to cute.

*Spencer's POV*

"Andrew is doing great for his age. He is finding, numbers a bit hard but that's nothing to worry about. You should be very proud of him." I say smiling at Andrew and his parents. "Here's some candy." I say before his parents walk out with him. His face lights up as I had him the piece of candy. He skips out and his parents just laugh. "Hi, Andrew!" I heard a high pitched voice say. Lily. She comes skipping into the class with a doll in her hand. "Hey" I say smiling "Are you parents here?" I ask. "Yep, my dads just coming." She said while looking at the door. "Daddy, hurry up" she said while running to the door. "I'm coming." A deep, manly voice said from behind the door. I recognised it from somewhere. Lily comes in dragging her dad behind her. "Toby?" Why was he here? "I didn't know you were married" I say. If he has a kid he must be married. He stood there for a moment, in awe. "I'm.... Im not" he said in shock. Lily drags him over to the chair across from me and we just stare at each other. "Lily, go play in the sand pit with your doll." Toby said smiling at her. She picks up her doll and runs over to the sand pit. "I wasn't expecting you to be here." He said looking at his clothes. I giggle a little and he blushes. "Neither was I" I say smiling. "So, about Lily" I start. "She is one of the smartest, kindest and funniest, 5 year olds I've ever met." I say laughing a little. "She must take that from me." He said looking at her. "It's just been me and her for 3 years now. Her mom just decided to quit on us." He said and sighed. "We weren't in a relationship at the time. She just left. Lily can't remember her mom. She's always asking about her." He said looking back round at me. I just sighed and looked down. "If you need anything, I'm here for you, both of you" I say and smile gently at him. He smiles back. We just stare at each other. His blue sparkling eyes looking into mine. "Dad, I need help" Lily shouts across the class. We both look in her direction and she has a bucket on her head and is covered in sand. Toby got up. "No, let me." I say and walk over to her.

*Toby's POV*

I watch as Spencer walks over to Lily and helps her get the bucket of her head. I can't help but laugh a little as Spencer falls into the sand pit. She looks up. "What are you laughing at?" She said chuckling. I get up and help Lily out of the sand pit. I set her down behind me and take Spencer's hand to help her up. She gets up and I can't take my eyes off of hers. We are once again just staring into each other's eyes. We start to lean in but I look down when I feel tugging at my shirt. "Daddy, what you doing?" Lily looks up. I look at Spencer and we both start laughing. I lift her up and balance her on my hip. Spencer's walks over to her desk after wiping the sand off her. She grabs 2 candy bars and walks back over. She's right in front of me and our chests are nearly touching. She turns to Lily. "Here's a candy bar for you, and if your dad behaves, he can get one to." She says. She turns to me and smirks. That was sexy. She walks back over to her desk and sits down, looking through papers. I put Lily on he ground and take her hand. We were about to leave when Spencer runs out the class. "Hey, if you need anything, call me" she said looking right into my eyes. "I'll see you tomorrow" she said tickling Lily under her chin. She starts laughing. Spencer's looks up and quietly says "bye" before walking back to her class. Wow. What just happened?

That night, Lily sleeps in my bed. She turns to face me. "Daddy, do you like Miss Hastings?" I just stare at her and smile. "Why do you ask?" I say still smiling. "Never mind" she said and turns around. I can't stop smiling. "Lily" I whisper. She turns back round to face me. "Do you like Miss Hastings?" "Yes" she said, sleepily. "Night night daddy" she whispers. "Night night" I say and kiss her forehead.

(Hey guys, are you enjoying it so far? I hope you are. I'm really enjoying writing this. I can picture this happening and its so cute ~ Emma xx)