Chapter 1 - Dry Tears.

Breaking Impulses - Book 2 of the Spoken Dead Series.

Chapter 1 - Dry Tears.

Adam Blackwell sat on his small, hand-me-down sofa, staring at his small, silver television as it reported on the six-month anniversary of the St. Alan's Secondary School incident. He had come down to St. Alan's, the school in the small village of Ashwood, to see if his sister, Lilian 'Leigh' Blackwell, was still alive. He had arrived too late, and his sister was suspected dead. The had to drive for four hours from his apartment.

His apartment was in the small city of Pitsview, and wasn't much to look at. The interior hadn't been very good to begin with, but after Leigh's disappearance the small box of a living space was in ruin. He didn't seem to care if the place was a dump, because it wasn't like anyone who mattered was going to see it. Then again, Leigh had never come down to London to see her brother. Not once in the past three years. They had only seen each other on Christmas and Birthdays, and even then they had gone down to see their Grandad. It was like Leigh resented her brother, and maybe she did. He had left her.

The depression Adam was previously in before he had lost his sister, had gotten much, much worse. His usually shiny, clean, short brown hair, was now greasy, brittle and shaggy, because he could not be bothered to cut it. His skin was now a lot paler, and had broken out in a few places. However, his eyes were hauntingly dull and lifeless. They used to be bright, and filled with life, but now they were broken and filled with only very little emotion. Regret and bitter hatred. He had lost alot of weight, and but he still stood tall, and never backed down. Standing at 6 foot 1 inch.. He was tall, as was his sister.

Adam was tapping his fingers anxiously along the arm of the sofa. He had waited weeks and weeks for any information on his sister to be released, but there was none. It was like she had disappeared off the face of the planet. Some of Leigh's DNA had been discovered at the St. Alan's school wreckage, but not her, herself.

After the incident, the Orphanage, where Leigh had been living, gave Adam a call and told him he had to pick up Leigh's things. It broke his heart into even tinier pieces having to walking to the place Leigh had called 'home' for the past few years. Leigh was one of the oldest at the place, and only two other's had died at St. Alan's. Adam had travelled down to Ashwood Foster Home and packed all Leigh's things into boxes, then drove them back to his small studio apartment in Pitsview.

He had never unpacked them. Not once. However, when he was packing everything Adam had found a MP3 player, that had never been opened. It was found along side some blue spotted wrapping paper and a card with the word 'Brother' on the front. Adam's heart clenched when he thought about the gift Leigh never got to give him. He had suspected she had bought the MP3 player with the money she had received from Athletic's tournaments. The tournaments he had never been to.

Adam tried to stop thinking about his sister, when the new's reporter on his happy box mentioned her name. The reporter repeated the details of Leigh's disappearance, and also stated that Leigh's jacket had been the only thing related to Adam's sister found, that and her DNA, of course. In fact, Adam was in possession of Leigh's jacket, and was wearing it as he wearing while watching his television.

Adam bit his lip nervously, awaiting any news to do with the incident where he lost his sister. The day of the St. Alan's explosion, Adam drove down there, hoping to find his sister alive. He arrived to late and had a hysterical outbreak on television. He had almost let it slip, too. They would kill him for that, but he was stopped before he could do any really damage.

"Dude! I'm back." A voice called from the front door of his apartment. Adam snapped his head back to see his flat mate, Jasper, slamming the front door. Jasper then proceeded to walk into the small wardrobe sized kitchen and place his shopping down in a rush.